Out of Character Chat

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Out of Character Chat

Post by Solomoriah »

You all know what this is for...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Re: Out of Character Chat

Post by Hywaywolf »

yeppers. I don't know what the frequency of post you are looking for, but I will post every time I have something to post about. If I post to much feel free to rein me in :)
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

I have a couple of background questions. I hope this is the thread for them (first time PBP ...), but if not, let me know.

First, Timorel's cover story (should he need one) is that he's scouting for new markets for some Elvish merchant families back home. He'd like to be able to mention products that would seem reasonable in this world (and that he's seen back home so he knows they exist), so could you suggest some, or should I make some up? If the latter, then I'll say copper kitchen ware, inexpensive copper jewelry, light weapons and armor, and wine.

Second, can I assume I have a traveler's cloak? I didn't see it on the equipment list.
Sir Bedivere
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sir Bedivere: Fine on both counts.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

I have a few more questions about the campaign world, now that we're (mostly) into it.

1. Since we're having dinner, are there any tipping customs?

2. What are race relations like? (I assume in a frontier town and w/ the PCs far from home and outnumbered by the locals that we could safely ignore racial animosities between us, but it would be good to know.)

3. When Dorne introduces himself as "Dorne Fellhammer, servant of the Gods of Earth and Stone," would I know he's a cleric? And are there are special terms of address for clerics? (Father Fellhammer just sounds right to me ... :D )

I can't wait to see Jack & his buds' reactions when the half-orc walks in.
Sir Bedivere
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sir Bedivere wrote:I have a few more questions about the campaign world, now that we're (mostly) into it.
This made me snicker just a little. There is no campaign world here... there is only Redbluff. I seriously haven't set this game in any specific world nor made any particular plans that way.

It might (might!) be in the Western Lands. Then again, it might not be.
Sir Bedivere wrote:1. Since we're having dinner, are there any tipping customs?
Only for exceptional service.
Sir Bedivere wrote:2. What are race relations like? (I assume in a frontier town and w/ the PCs far from home and outnumbered by the locals that we could safely ignore racial animosities between us, but it would be good to know.)
Elves and dwarves rarely meet except in human lands (their territories are distinctly separated); neither race particularly cares for the other, but as far as animosity goes, in general there isn't any. Of course, there might be places where they have reason to hate each other (say, the dwarves dam up mountain streams to create reservoirs, drying out elven lands below).
Sir Bedivere wrote:3. When Dorne introduces himself as "Dorne Fellhammer, servant of the Gods of Earth and Stone," would I know he's a cleric? And are there are special terms of address for clerics? (Father Fellhammer just sounds right to me ... :D )
Probably. The terms used for human clerics might be applied more or less correctly to dwarven clerics (the dwarven hierarchy no doubt being a bit different). You could get away with "Father" but given your level "Brother" or "Friar" seems more appropriate.
Sir Bedivere wrote:I can't wait to see Jack & his buds' reactions when the half-orc walks in.
Cue the music...
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Solomoriah wrote:
Sir Bedivere wrote:I have a few more questions about the campaign world, now that we're (mostly) into it.
This made me snicker just a little. There is no campaign world here... there is only Redbluff. I seriously haven't set this game in any specific world nor made any particular plans that way.
Well, in RPGs, a tavern can be a campaign world. Looks like we have a whole, broke, run-down town to explore!
Solomoriah wrote:Cue the music...
(Perches on the edge of his seat ...)
Sir Bedivere
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Solomoriah, I'm assuming that you will be doing our rolls for us. Shybolt needs to roll 48% or less, plus whatever difficulty you think he will have in a tavern with 9 people in it. He really really wants to know if they are talking about him.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Hywaywolf wrote:Solomoriah, I'm assuming that you will be doing our rolls for us. Shybolt needs to roll 48% or less, plus whatever difficulty you think he will have in a tavern with 9 people in it. He really really wants to know if they are talking about him.
Paranoid little fellow, isn't he? :D

I like this, its not a face to face game, but so far its been really fun.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sir Bedivere wrote:Stopping earthquakes with sheep bladders since AD 93-squared.
I've been trying to figure this out. 93 squared is 93 x 93 = 8649. What's up with that?