Out of Character Chat

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Maliki

Re: Out of Character Chat

Post by Maliki »

I'm trying. :)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

haha, we are exactly what our characters are ... a thrown together group of adventurers. One of us just lies down (to be fair he is bleeding to death), one runs headfirst into the oncoming lizards, one tries to form a shield wall in front of our fallen elf, and the last is retreating for the stairs.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Ah - troglodytes, gentlemen. Grumm's going to join Timorel in the floor here in a moment if I don't get lucky next round.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

I think we have them just where we want them now. :D
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Wow, I really wanted to smash that Trog in the head when he called for a truce, (With my normal group in a face to face game, I'd wacked him :D ) but that fight was too close to call, and a TPK in the first room is not a good way to start a campaign.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I wasn't afraid of a TPK. I was going to live, but I didn't know about the rest of you. I figured if we kept fighting the three of us could have taken out two more before the two of you died, leaving only one for me to finish off :). My first inclination was to be belligerent with the speaker (apparently my halfling thief has the short man syndrome :)) and tell him they could go but not with there dead. (I wanted to loot something haha) My second inclination was to use their lack of action against them and attack. But as a player I sensed that you guys wanted to end the combat and regroup.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

BTW, I have been very lucky so far in our two combats with only taking 2 hp damage (1 healing over night). Being in the corner by the door when you tree moved close to our ambushers saved me from those excellent rolls in the surprise round. And the when I took on two of them at once I was lucky that the trogs lost initiative and Dorne was available to take on one of them to draw its attention away from me. I'm not sure if the torch worked in my favor or not (as a virtual dagger like shield). I'll have to ask Solomoriah.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

I've noticed that it seems to be hard to hit the halfling :D
jstater

Post by jstater »

If Grumm had scored a couple hits, I'd have felt better about seeing that fight through.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I think we could have won that battle, but you were down to 6 hp, weren't you? When fighting beasts with 3 attacks of 1d4 each. That's too close to to keep fighting when we are only 1 staircase from safety.