Out of Character Chat

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Out of Character Chat

Post by Hywaywolf »

I am out of town posting on my Droid so feel free to post that plan into the game thread. I think we are all in unison now
jstater

Post by jstater »

That works for me.
jstater

Post by jstater »

No sounds at the doors, one stuck. I vote for the stuck door - for no reason at all. What do you fellas think?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

you will find that I will always choose the door I am at unless there is an overwhelming reason why I should go back to the door I just left. The other door will still be there when we are done with what lies on the other side of this one.:)

As you can see in teh game thread I already have my bow out and the arrow pulled back ready to shoot past your ear.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Consider this a bonus, because I won't do it again: Shybolt did NOT test the east door to see if it was locked and/or stuck. He listened at it, then moved on. So you don't necessarily have "one stuck" door. You have one stuck, and one unknown.

In the future, I won't point your bad assumptions out to you... I'm that kind of pain in the butt.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

I didn't mean to suggest the other one wasn't locked or stuck - just that we knew we had one stuck door.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I knew that I didn't test them. I assume if I test them then there is the potential that the testing will alert any one or thing on the other side. I mean I can't tell if its stuck unless I attempted to open it. So if I have two doors to check I only listen at then if I don't hear anything I move to the next and do the whole shebang. Otherwise I have the potential of someone who heard me messing with the door coming out while I am fixated on the second door. I may have misunderstood jstate, but I took his comment as just a designator for the door we were at and not any judgment on how the other door was shut :). Lots of assumptions going on here, but then thats how it would be with a party thrown together like this.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Perhaps I'm the one who misunderstood the comments here. Sorry. I just wanted to point out that you don't actually know as much about one door as the other.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Thanks for that. Too bad you didn't tell us a horde of trogs was waiting in ambush the last time we came down :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:Thanks for that. Too bad you didn't tell us a horde of trogs was waiting in ambush the last time we came down :)
... that was the warning shot. :D