Prelude: They Met In A Tavern

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Prelude: They Met In A Tavern

Post by Solomoriah »

Dorne and Timorel entered the kitchen, and noted the open door and the stairs down. They could hear the sounds of battle from below.

Grumm stabbed at another of the dogfaced creatures, but it was too quick for him. Shybolt swung at another even as that monster stabbed at him with a shortsword, and both were hit. Though Shybolt's wound was light, his opponent fell before the fury of his attack.

Meanwhile, two of the little monsters swung at Grumm, and one connected; the half-orc merely grunted and took a step back, his wound troubling him only a little.

The remaining dogfaces began to drag the struggling woman toward a gap in the barrels in the back of the gloomy cellar...

Shybolt is tied with the monsters for initiative in the next round, while everyone else is after them.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt will ignore any dogfaces around him and will blast through them to get to the ones dragging away the local girl. If he can get between the gap in the barrels and the dogfaces he will go there and make a stand. If not he will attack any one of them he CAN get to that he thinks will disrupt the taking of the girl the most.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will continue to press his attack, trying to work his way toward the wench.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Dorne heads through the open door and down the stairs, once he gets downstairs he will try to move into melee, helping whomever seems to be in the most trouble if possible.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel keeps an ear out for trouble behind and moves to the top of the stairs to assess the situation below. Is there any chance of using his bow from above the melee without risking hitting his allies? Maybe picking off one of the nasties around the edge of the fight?
Sir Bedivere
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Shybolt stepped forward to try to stop the dogfaces from dragging the girl away, but even as he did so, one of them turned and stabbed at him. Thinking that one captor was as good as another, Shybolt struck at him. The dogface missed, but Shybolt managed to connect, dealing his foe a flesh wound. The other two monsters, hampered by the loss of Shybolt's foe's assistance, only succeeded in dragging the girl as far as the gap in the barrels, but not through it.

Grumm's two opponents both struck at him, and both blows were true, dealing substantial injuries to the half-orc. Not easily deterred, Grumm struck back, felling one of his foes with a dagger to the heart.

With Shybolt's step forward, Dorne was able to move into the room. He struck at Grumm's remaining foe, felling him with a hammerblow to the head.

Timorel, standing atop the stairs, realized that shooting at the dogfaces dragging the girl would put her at risk. As all the other foes save Shybolt's opponent lay dead or unconscious, he decided not to take the shot.

Shybolt and Grumm have the initiative for the next round; Dorne and Timorel come after the monsters.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Unable to get past the dogface in front of him Shybolt presses his attack against his foe. "Stop them!" he shouts, pointing at the two escaping with the woman. "I'll do for this one!"
jstater

Post by jstater »

"Wounds be damned, I'm not going to lose the wench to bloody kobolds."

Grumm engages one of the kobolds that was dragging the woman. If I can topple a barrel on him without putting the wench in danger, I'll do that. If not (and I'm assuming not), I'll just go at it with a dagger, doing my best to leave room for the dwarf to attack the other one.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Dorne will try to go with Grumm, and engage the remaining kobolds with the women, if not he will help Shybolt if possible. If either the half-orc or halfling appear near death, Dorne will for forgo his attacks and instead call upon the Gods of Earth and Stone to heal them. (cast cure light wounds).
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

If there are any nasties left, Timorel will sling his bow and head down to engage them with his dagger.
Sir Bedivere