Prelude: They Met In A Tavern

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
jstater

Re: Prelude: They Met In A Tavern

Post by jstater »

It's a good point. I was thinking the halfling and dwarf could scout the hole and then we could crawl through, but perhaps enlarging it is a better way to go. Also, when the DM asks you something like that, you have to think there's a good reason.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Might have to check with Harold, before we enlarge the hole.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Whatever's down there already knows where up here so there's no need to start out crawling on our bellies in secret ," Shybolt says. "We may need to go up and down those stairs more than once so I say we enlarge that hole before all of us head down there. As far as Harold goes, he can pay to brick it back up with his share of the coin we bring back up."

Shybolt thinks for a moment, then says "but maybe we should wait till Dorne gets some rest. Grumm, you look fit as a fiddle and I may be next needing some of that good stuff. And a nights rest will give my wound a little time to scab over. Before we start taking this brickwork down I'll check it over to see if our friends have set it to fall on us." Shybolt will look for a torch or lantern (there must be some light down here since we all seem to be able to see ok) and inspect the outside of the brickwork, then the hole -checking the lbricks for any loose ones or wires or anything else that may drop the whole thing down, then he will crawl through, after looking carefully at the steps, walls and ceiling of the passage. If all feels safe he will start investigating this side of the bricks for traps.

After all that and if he doesn't find anything, Shybolt will tell folks its clear and they can do what they want with the hole (he is small and isn't discomforted by it). Then, lacking any significant action by anyone else, he will then go back upstairs with a couple of the Kobold swords and ask anyone in the tavern if they have a dagger to trade for one of them.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"I fight better standing up, myself," Timorel says.

(OCC EDIT: Ignore the following; I'd forgotten we already knew the answer to this: "On the other hand, we could be digging for weeks just to make the hole big enough for a pack of rabid ogres to follow us home. Anyone want to do just a little scouting before we decide to break out picks and shovels?")
Maliki wrote:Dorne would like to rest to regain his spells before setting out.
"We'll need to post a guard on the hole, then."
Last edited by Sir Bedivere on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Bedivere
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Never fear, master Elf," says Shybolt, "the dwarf already looked through and saw stairs descending. Tis but a wall built to block up the entrance. It shant take long to pull it down.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Hywaywolf wrote:"Never fear, master Elf," says Shybolt, "the dwarf already looked through and saw stairs descending. Tis but a wall built to block up the entrance. It shant take long to pull it down.
(OOC: Gads, sorry. I'd forgotten that by the time I got to the end of the thread. I'll edit it above.)
Sir Bedivere
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

In the interest of not wasting any more time: Let's assume you spend the night, since Dorne wants to regain spells. Will one or more of you work during the night to tear down the wall, or will you start with that in the morning? As soon as I know this, I'll start the new thread with your characters ready to enter.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Can'tspeak for everyone else but it is easier to block teh hole as is overnight plus I need to sleep to allow my wound to heal some, but as soon as I rest up enough for that I will come down and help work on the wall. I do want to investigate it now if I may though and at least take a look down the stairs as far as torch light will allow. It will allow us to discuss our first actions tomorrow overnight tonight.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

I agree it's easier to block as is for the night.
Sir Bedivere
jstater

Post by jstater »

Agree - block for the night, tear down in the morning.