Prelude: They Met In A Tavern

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Prelude: They Met In A Tavern

Post by Solomoriah »

Opening the door quietly, Grumm looked down the rickety stairs into the gloomy cellar. It was packed full of casks and crates; a sparsely-populated wine rack lined one wall. In the middle of the floor, seven small, dogfaced humanoids have the serving wench pinned. They were trussing her up, having already shoved a dirty rag into her mouth.

You have surprise on them.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm lets out a great war cry (hoping to alert others in the tavern of trouble) as he rushes down the stairs, leaping the last few and into the midst of the kobolds (without landing on the poor woman, of course).
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel turns to Dorne and says, "I do hope that wasn't our stew."
Sir Bedivere
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt shifts his sword into his off hand and grabs the hardest easily thrown item in his vicinity - cooking pot, butchers knife, wooden cup, pot of stew, rotten apple, whatever - and races down the stairs after Grumm. If he can get into the thick of battle right away he'll drop whatever it is, switch his sword back into his right hand and charge blade first into the first little dogface he can reach. If not, he'll throw whatever it is as hard as he can at the dogface closest to him.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Assuming he hears Grumms battle cry, Dorne scoops up his shield and hurries towards the kitchen area, warhammer in hand. (Leaving his pack behind, movement is now 20').

To Timorel, "It doesn't sound like stew to me.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel glances at the rest of the men in the tavern to see how they react. Assuming there's nothing he's alarmed by in their reactions, he takes a peek out the front door. If there's nothing to be alarmed at out there, he picks up his bow and sword and follows Dorne toward the kitchen.
Sir Bedivere
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The space is much too constrained for Grumm to use his polearm; in fact, I doubt he can even get it down the stairs in one round. Therefore, he must be using his dagger. There's just enough room at the bottom of the stairs for Shybolt and Grumm to stand together against the dogfaces. Since there's room for him to stand, Shybolt will attack with his shortsword.

Grumm leaped into the fray, stabbing a dogface with his dagger. The little monster fell dead on the spot, a shocked look on his face. Shybolt stabbed at another of the dogfaces, but he was off balance and missed.

Grumm has the initiative in the next round, while Shybolt is tied with the dogfaced humanoids.

The cook burst into the common room of the tavern, yelling, "Thar fahten inna cella!"

Jack and his cronies looked back at him, obviously shocked; the Reeve leaped to his feet and said, "Who are fighting, Fitz?"

"Grumm and some halflin er fahten summtin dawn dere! Muss be lossa dem! Uh whole vazyun! Whadda we do?"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

Yeah - I figured it was just the dagger. I doubted I would be dragging my polearm around with me when I went to check on the wench.

If I have the initiative, I'll press my attack.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Damn stinking, dirty dogfaces," shouts Shybolt as he steps on some slimy spoiled vegetable matter at the bottom of the stairs, missing the kobold with his charging attack. He notices how easily Grumm dispatched the first creature, and instead of rushing his next attack he waits for an opening and then with both hands he swings his sword down at the neck and shoulder of his foe. He will also try to keep an eye on the serving wench to see what the other kobolds are doing with her.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Dorne hurries towards the sound of battle, and down the stairs. If he is able he will enter the melee(it sounds crowded down there), if he can't get into the battle he will remain on the stairs, ready to step in.