Season 2 - Episode 4: The Warren

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Hywaywolf

Re: Season 2 - Episode 4: The Warren

Post by Hywaywolf »

it maps what we need ... mainly how to backtrack the heck out of here when things turn very bad.
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin looks at the map and wonders if there's a manhole in the roof of this room that goes to the street.
JoeCarr28

Solid

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Iain_IF wrote:Paladin looks at the map and wonders if there's a manhole in the roof of this room that goes to the street.
Paladin glances at the ceiling. It looks solid enough.

Leo: HP 5/11
Nivek: HP 8/11. Spells remaining: no 1st level; four 0th level.
9.20 pm, 16th day of Leaffall
The Marketstone Campaign at Obsidian Portal
Marketstone is moving to www.play-by-post.org
Arehzo

Post by Arehzo »

Gannicus walks over to the bookcase and starts examining the books at random, for either a book of interest or a trigger for a door or panel.

Gannicus, Human Fighter
BFRPG: Marketstone Campaign
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Tannen looks at the drawer/desk contents for any important looking documents or items of note. He'll hand any complex documents to Mandross for him to examine...
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Mandross looks at the single-handed corpse, and mutters "I wonder what they needed the arm for... I do hope not one of those "keyed to your hand" magic locks." Though we've probably tracked over any signs, Mandross will look around for any sign of a blood trail that might be left by a dangling, severed limb. And after a few seconds, say "Leo. Do you see any sign of a blood trail such as one left by a dangling, severed limb?"
Go with a smile!
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek continues to inspect the area for clues that only a dwarf might notice (stonework etc.).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I'd say they wanted the arm because they don't have a magic box like the one we carry."

(OOC: in case it wasn't apparent, I was searching the book shelf for secret doors and niches, not just admiring the workmanship :) )
JoeCarr28

Books

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Arehzo wrote:Gannicus walks over to the bookcase and starts examining the books at random, for either a book of interest or a trigger for a door or panel.
Most of the books are actually lying on the floor; the shelves of the bookcase were almost completely cleared by whoever (whatever?) ransacked the room. It's a fairly eclectic collection of books, ranging from the arcane ("A Treatsie on the Mosses of the Coastwoode") to the mundane ("Colin's Book of Carpentry"), from the potentially useful ("Temples of Westport: An Illustrated Guide") to the bizarre ("Green Cuisine: Learn to Cook the Goblin Way"). [Rolls] Gannicus can find nothing unusual about the bookcase, no triggers, switches or movable panels that might suggest that it's withholding some hidden secrets.
Birthright wrote:Tannen looks at the drawer/desk contents for any important looking documents or items of note. He'll hand any complex documents to Mandross for him to examine...
Tannen finds what looks like a sheet of passwords ("Sweet Hanna" is written against today's date; "Bluebottle" appears to be tomorrow's password). He also finds a ledger describing apparently legitimate business transactions (foodstuffs, livestock, textiles, etc.), and a third large notebook that is written in some sort of foreign language or code that Tannen doesn't understand. Mandross doesn't understand it either.
Joe the Rat wrote:Mandross looks at the single-handed corpse, and mutters "I wonder what they needed the arm for... I do hope not one of those "keyed to your hand" magic locks." Though we've probably tracked over any signs, Mandross will look around for any sign of a blood trail that might be left by a dangling, severed limb. And after a few seconds, say "Leo. Do you see any sign of a blood trail such as one left by a dangling, severed limb?"
There's no blood trail that's obviously attributable to the arm. There's lots of blood everywhere, and the party has thoroughly trampled much of the floor space.
SmootRK wrote:Nivek continues to inspect the area for clues that only a dwarf might notice (stonework etc.).
There's nothing in the stonework for Nivek to admire or that piques his interest. It's low grade human workmanship.
Hywaywolf wrote:(OOC: in case it wasn't apparent, I was searching the book shelf for secret doors and niches, not just admiring the workmanship :) )
(Yeah, I got that. Neither Doughbert nor Gannicus found anything unusual about the bookcase.)

Leo: HP 5/11
Nivek: HP 8/11. Spells remaining: no 1st level; four 0th level.
9.20 pm, 16th day of Leaffall
The Marketstone Campaign at Obsidian Portal
Marketstone is moving to www.play-by-post.org
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin gestures at Benoni, who carefully picks up the book of mysterious writing using a cloth. He then drops it into his sack.