Season 2 - Episode 4: The Warren

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Locked
User avatar
_Silveredged
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:38 am

Re: Books

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Joe the Rat wrote:... And after a few seconds, say "Leo. Do you see any sign of a blood trail such as one left by a dangling, severed limb?"
JoeCarr28 wrote: There's no blood trail that's obviously attributable to the arm. There's lots of blood everywhere, and the party has thoroughly trampled much of the floor space.
A cursory glance from his position in the doorway as he maintains the rear-guard position, Leo shakes his head, "Not as long as you all are trampling through it all, nope, not a sign. If you fellows would like to switch to such tactics and have me take the lead and treat this excursion as more of a hunt, tracking our prey, as opposed to the stroll headlong into a trap that its been, please let me know."
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5266
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Season 2 - Episode 4: The Warren

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Doughbert mutters to Madross, "As long as its not me I don't care who takes the lead. What say you."
User avatar
Joe the Rat
Posts: 1242
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:28 am

Re: Season 2 - Episode 4: The Warren

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:10 pm

"We're somewhere between a hunt and an invading party... neither of which is my forte - I leave that to more martial heads. However..." Mandross retireves the book on Westport temples "This may be of use if we change our plans."
Iain_IF
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Season 2 - Episode 4: The Warren

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Paladin likes traps!
Birthright
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:08 am

Re: Books

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:08 am

_Silveredged wrote: A cursory glance from his position in the doorway as he maintains the rear-guard position, Leo shakes his head, "Not as long as you all are trampling through it all, nope, not a sign. If you fellows would like to switch to such tactics and have me take the lead and treat this excursion as more of a hunt, tracking our prey, as opposed to the stroll headlong into a trap that its been, please let me know."
"Seems your time in the wilds hasn't taught you many manners, master hunter" Tannen says as he pockets the documents from the table. Sauntering in Leo's direction, he whips out his sword in one swift motion and points it past Leo through the doorway. "Only way forward is back that way. Take us to our 'prey', if you'd be so kind"
User avatar
_Silveredged
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:38 am

Re: Books

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Birthright wrote:
"Seems your time in the wilds hasn't taught you many manners, master hunter" Tannen says as he pockets the documents from the table. Sauntering in Leo's direction, he whips out his sword in one swift motion and points it past Leo through the doorway. "Only way forward is back that way. Take us to our 'prey', if you'd be so kind"
"Manners mean nothing to those here whose intent is to kill us," Leo replies. "And I apologize if a critique of this venture wounds you. But my desire is to complete this task without joining my ancestors with a sad tale of being ambushed by a drunken, diseased thug. I daresay that some others here might agree. But again, that is neither here nor there." Leo nods and smiles plaintively, "Nonetheless, let us continue."

The half-elven ranger switches back into hunting and tracking mode and now begins to look carefully as he takes point in the party, bow at the ready. He will look carefully at evidence at hand and attempt to ascertain the best route through the rooms, following the path of those gone before, whether by blood or destruction...

OOC: I love how leo's low charisma shows anytime he speaks :lol:
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
User avatar
JoeCarr28
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 am

Hunting

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Leo leads the party back north, away from the room containing the one-armed corpse, and then west towards the dormitory.

In the dormitory (the most westerly room on Tannen's map) you're faced with the closed door leading south. When Doughbert listened at the door earlier, all was quiet. It still seems quiet now.


Leo: HP 5/11
Nivek: HP 8/11. Spells remaining: no 1st level; four 0th level.
9.20 pm, 16th day of Leaffall
The Marketstone Campaign at Obsidian Portal
Marketstone is moving to www.play-by-post.org
User avatar
_Silveredged
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:38 am

Re: Season 2 - Episode 4: The Warren

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:51 pm

OOC: I glanced through the topic, but I didn't see where we searched this room. Did we do that already?

Leo carefully inspects the room.

OOC: Anything new or something that was not noticed before? Anything the tracking skill provides in assisting?

After the inspection of the room, Leo focuses on the door: does it open toward them or away into the passage or room beyond?

"If anyone is talented in spotting traps, have you already checked this door?"

OOC: will wait until after the door has been checked before continuing:

Once the door has been checked for traps, Leo will keep his bow at the ready and ask for someone to open it and step back as fast as they can so they are out of the line of fire in case anyone is waiting for them.
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
User avatar
Arehzo
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 pm
Location: Ellicott City, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Season 2 - Episode 4: The Warren

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:48 am

Gannicus will open the door after all the checking is done.
Image

Gannicus, Human Fighter
BFRPG: Marketstone Campaign
User avatar
JoeCarr28
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 am

The Dormitory Revisited

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:20 pm

_Silveredged wrote:OOC: I glanced through the topic, but I didn't see where we searched this room. Did we do that already?

Leo carefully inspects the room.

OOC: Anything new or something that was not noticed before? Anything the tracking skill provides in assisting?
(You didn't search the room previously)

[Rolls]

You find nothing unusual amongst the debris of the wooden bunks. The four corpses piled in the corner do not appear diseased - their death seems to have been brought about by a combination of crossbow bolts and stabbings. More careful inspection reveals that all four have a piece of fig leaf inscribed parchment stuffed in their mouths, just like their colleagues in the previous room. As before, the bodies have been stripped of anything of value.
_Silveredged wrote:After the inspection of the room, Leo focuses on the door: does it open toward them or away into the passage or room beyond?

"If anyone is talented in spotting traps, have you already checked this door?"

OOC: will wait until after the door has been checked before continuing.
It looks like the southern door would open inwards (towards you).

Leo and Gannicus wait for someone to volunteer to check the door for traps.


Leo: HP 5/11
Nivek: HP 8/11. Spells remaining: no 1st level; four 0th level.
9.30 pm, 16th day of Leaffall
The Marketstone Campaign at Obsidian Portal
Marketstone is moving to www.play-by-post.org
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests