Season 2 - Episode 3: Abraham Hall

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Birthright

Re: Season 2 - Episode 3: Abraham Hall

Post by Birthright »

"We accept your offer, Mr. Hall." says Tannen, offering his hand to seal the deal.

Hoping to lighten the mood a bit, he adds:

"Paladin over here", Tannen nods in Paladin's direction, "would like to see your Chef, I think."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Ok, fine, so lets find this healer and then the food.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

"Ah, there you are! I was hoping to catch you before you disappeared!" Mandross makes a big show of finding his errant companion, and does his best to usher Doughbert back towards the meeting, in a somewhat absent-minded direction. As they walk, he begins speaking rather quietly.
"I hope you'd stay on for a bit. This job seems one that deserves the judgement of Master Loche, may our strength be greater than their claim. I know a little about the Warren, and it's quite believable for someone to disappear thereabouts - if they don't want to be found. If nothing else, it puts you closer to the docks. Lots of boats coming in and out..." Mandross smiles pleasantly, like nothing serious is happening.
"Mmm, now which door was it... Oh, thank you sir. Now then, let's see about some food, and getting you patched up."
Go with a smile!
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

JoeCarr28 wrote: (Becoming increasingly exacerperated)
OOC: "Let me spell it out for you" as the title of the post and then its starts with a mispelled word :lol:
no offense intended, but that was awesome, Joe! :mrgreen: I can sense Mr. hall's exasperation in your post!!

JoeCarr28 wrote: You sense that Hall is on the verge of losing his patience.
Birthright wrote:"We accept your offer, Mr. Hall." says Tannen, offering his hand to seal the deal.
Hoping to lighten the mood a bit, he adds:
"Paladin over here", Tannen nods in Paladin's direction, "would like to see your Chef, I think."
"I just wanted to hear it from you, sir," Leo grins at Abraham. "I prefer blunt honesty over such verbal subterfuge as most men in your position are used to. We will no doubt have your property returned to you by dawn as expected."

Leo bows and backs to the rear of the group and waits for the physician to arrive.
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin is slightly embarrassed that his stomach rumbling was so audible. He grins uneasily. Nothing like a good meal to start ste...exploring from, he admits. Paladin readily heads after a servant toward the kitchen, where he'll stock his and Benoni's stomachs as if it was their last meal. He'll then take as many sandwich/scone/roll-like things that he can conveniently jam into his and Benoni's pockets. Never know when you might need to bribe a rat, he says brightly.

Or give a man his last meal, Benoni darkly adds.

Paladin keeps an eye out for sherry, wine, or something else wet to go with his food. Ideally, he's looking for a bottle of spirits that he could leave with.

By the way, adds Paladin to the nearest servant, we haven't had a chance to stop by any merchants in Westport. We were met by your Oddjobsman soon after entering. A man of Mr. Hall's means surely has some odds and ends hanging about that we could use. A lantern with twelve pints of oil for the night's exploration would be quite handy. Fifty feet of rope as well, in case we need to descend or ascend. Paladin smiles as engagingly as he can, given his mouth is full.

Benoni looks quietly about while Paladin generally makes a scene. He will try to discern what manner of man Mr. Hall is by looking for family artwork, implying a rich man with roots in town; garish displays of wealth, implying a man newly made or perhaps a thief done good; and crests or other insignia, implying nobility of some sort.
JoeCarr28

In the Kitchen

Post by JoeCarr28 »

You are ushered from Hall’s study towards a large kitchen where you all enjoy a hearty meal (or two).

After you’ve eaten, Hall’s physician arrives. He has no divine or magical healing powers, but his bandages and salves provide some relief [Nivek and Doughbert gain 1 HP each, Leo gains 2 HP].
Iain_IF wrote:By the way, adds Paladin to the nearest servant, we haven't had a chance to stop by any merchants in Westport. We were met by your Oddjobsman soon after entering. A man of Mr. Hall's means surely has some odds and ends hanging about that we could use. A lantern with twelve pints of oil for the night's exploration would be quite handy. Fifty feet of rope as well, in case we need to descend or ascend. Paladin smiles as engagingly as he can, given his mouth is full.
Paladin’s request for equipment is granted - a servant arrives with a brand new hooded lantern and three (not twelve!) flasks of oil, along with 50 feet of hemp rope.
Iain_IF wrote:Benoni looks quietly about while Paladin generally makes a scene. He will try to discern what manner of man Mr. Hall is by looking for family artwork, implying a rich man with roots in town; garish displays of wealth, implying a man newly made or perhaps a thief done good; and crests or other insignia, implying nobility of some sort.
The decor of Hall’s house is a curious mixture of the traditional and the exotic. There is lots of dark wood panelling hung with family portraits. But there are also plenty of unusual and foreign-looking ornaments that perhaps suggest someone well travelled. Benoni is left with the impression of Old Wealth rather than Nouveau Riche.

By the time you are all fed and patched-up, night has fallen. The servant who collected you from Shaw arrives in the kitchen and announces rather formally “Gentlemen … if you would care to follow me, I will lead you to the Warren.” And with that he leaves the kitchen through a back door and out into a yard behind the house.

Doughbert: HP 5/5
Leo: HP 5/11
Nivek: HP 8/11. Spells remaining: no 1st level; four 0 level.
~7 pm, 16th day of Leaffall
The Marketstone Campaign at Obsidian Portal
Arehzo

Post by Arehzo »

Gannicus follows the party outside.

Gannicus, Human Fighter
BFRPG: Marketstone Campaign
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Doughbert moves into the middle of the group and follows along.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Tannen stashes most of his gear in Hall's yard-rations and bedroll. He asks if someone can carry his crossbow too. [OOC:Tannen lightens his load so as to have a 20' move]

Tannen checks the straps on his armour and shield, before taking his place at the front of the party.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Mandross will take a spot towards the middle. He'll offer to carry either the light, or Tannen's crossbow (He likes keeping a hand free).
Go with a smile!