Season 2 - Episode 2: The Road to Westport

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

Re: Season 2 - Episode 2: The Road to Westport

Post by JoeCarr28 »

_Silveredged wrote:ooc: wow, 3 on 2d6! now that's some crap damage. and is this thing really undead!? hmm....
Anyhoo, after next initiative he'll keep attacking.... gotta whittle him down... i don't suppose he's goblinoid at all? :mrgreen:
Am I missing something? I thought you were using the spear 2-handed for 1d8 damage. It wasn't a natural 20, so no critical.
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

ooc: egads, you're right. I must have been consulting an older edition during character creation (or was that the LL rules? I dunno...). I could have sworn a spear is 1d6 one handed (thrown or melee) or 2d6 for 2-handed. oh well, I'll adjust the character sheet as well. :mrgreen:
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin shoots at archer 3 and directs Benoni to go help Tannen. Benoni closes holding two shields.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Eager to test his enchanted blade in battle, Tannen moves in to engage the nearby archer, whilst keeping his peripheral vision attuned for more movement in the bushes and, with a fleeting vision of Hiker, keeps his shield arm high to deflect incoming arrows.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: I would like to make an official request that the die you are currently using to roll Dougbert's attacks to be never again used to roll doughbert's attacks. oh, and also, I forgot to add the lvl 1 attack bonus. So Doughbert is attacking with range at +4)
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek will continue to moving to engage that archer. Does the archer look rotten too?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
JoeCarr28

Westport Round - Road 2

Post by JoeCarr28 »

JoeCarr28 wrote:
JoeCarr28 wrote:Initiative for Round 2:
Doughbert: 7
Gannicus: 6
Nivek: 6
Archer 4: 6
Leo: 5
Mandross: 5
Paladin: 5
Archer 3: 4
Tannen: 2
Benoni: 2
Archer 1: 2
Rotting man: 2
Archer 2: 1
Doughbert turns to his right and fires his short bow at Archer 4 [modified "to hit" roll: 6 - miss].

Gannicus changes course, moving away from the Rotting Man and towards Archer 2. By running, he reaches the archer, but doesn't have time to attack this round.

Nivek joins the battle with Archer 2. He can attack this round, and swings with his mace [modified "to hit" roll: 21 - hit! For 4 damage]. The archer is felled, and poor Gannicus is left targetless once again.

Archer 4 returns fire at Doughbert. The arrow finds its mark, ripping through the side of Doughbert's left thigh for 3 damage (actually you were a little lucky - under our new "Combat Options" critical hit rules, the archer just failed to convert his natural 20 'threat' into a critical, which would have meant double damage).

Leo resumes his battle with the Rotting Man [modified "to hit" roll: 20 - hit! for 3 damage]. Leo's spear sinks into the putrid flesh, but his opponent barely seems to notice.

Mandross hops of the wagon and takes cover from the remaining archers. At the moment, he can't see any additional adversaries.
Round 2 continued ...

Paladin moves into a position where he can line-up Archer 3 (partial cover) and shoots [modified "to hit" roll: 20 - hit! For 5 damage]. A second archer drops, fatally wounded.

Tannen closes on Archer 1 and swings with his enchanted longsword [modified "to hit" roll: 22 - hit! For 7 damage]. Hmmm ... seems like the enchantment is working nicely, but it's not quite enough to kill Archer 1 outright. Simultaneously, Archer 1 fires at the approaching Tannen. The arrow hits, but is deflected by Tannen's plate mail.

Benoni lumbers slowly over towards Tannen with a shield in either hand. He still has a long way to go though.

The Rotting Man ignores Leo's provocation, attacking savagely with his shortsword. However, in doing so, he trips and nearly drops his weapon, allowing Leo an easy dodge.

Initiative for Round 3
Paladin: 6
Archer 1: 4
Archer 4: 4
Doughbert: 3
Benoni: 2
Mandross: 2
Nivek: 2
Tannen: 2
Gannicus: 1
Leo: 1
Rotting man: 1

Actions for Round 3 please ...

Updated tactical map at https://sites.google.com/site/marketstonecampaign/.

Doughbert: 2/5
Leo: HP 9/11
~2 pm, 16th day of Leaffall
The Marketstone Campaign at Obsidian Portal
JoeCarr28

Blotchy

Post by JoeCarr28 »

SmootRK wrote:Nivek will continue to moving to engage that archer. Does the archer look rotten too?
Archer 2, who Nivek just bashed with his mace, doesn't look rotten exactly. But now that you and Gannicus are up close, you can both see that he's most definitely discoloured. His general skin tone is a pale yellow/brown colour, and he also has a few green-tinged blotches here and there.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek will move back between the wagons, then on towards the archer on the other side of the caravan... all the while trying to locate any other threats that may not have made themselves known yet.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Doughbert howls in pain and curses a blue streak, then will waste another arrow at Archer #4.