Season 2 - Episode 1: Bertie's Boys

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Hywaywolf

Re: Season 2 - Episode 1: Bertie's Boys

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Its Blood or Gold, Kitchener. Your choice. You can call off your hounds and we can make you the gold you plan to reap from this adventure. Or, you can let this play out and some of us are gonna die. There's no gold to be made in that."
JoeCarr28

The Usual Way

Post by JoeCarr28 »

"... nine ... ten!"

Quick as a flash, Jan makes to throw his knife at Doughbert. Even more quickly, almost unbelievably quickly, Kitchener catches Jan's arm and prevents him from releasing the blade.

"Not here Jan," snarls Kitchener, "Bad for business. We'll sort this out in usual way. Make the arrangements would you."

A look of disappointment spreads across Jan's face, but he lowers his arm, all the while continuing to stare at Doughbert. "Yes, boss. Right away boss."

Kitchener turns and walks slowly back into the inn. Jan and Donny follow, walking backwards, their gazes focussed upon the follower of Master Loche.

~8 am, 15th day of Leaffall
The Marketstone Campaign at Obsidian Portal
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: there would be a lot of dead townsman if this was his normal reaction to being called Bertie and the townsmen wouldn't be so flippant about using it if you could get killed for it.)

"Looks I'll have to sort them out first or never return to this town."
he unnotches his arrow and puts down his bow. He looks to the others. "Thanks for the back-up. I guess its safer if I never return to this town. There's a whole world of adventure out there that doesn't include Marketstone."
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Shaw's bright red face appears around the door frame from inside The Wheatsheaf. "So, ... err, ... are we still going to Westport then?" he asks nervously.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

(In a 10-count that could kill his travel plans, he ran for cover. Heh.)
Mandross tucks his apple away again. "Indeed. I'm sure my associates would agree that getting on the road would be in everybody's best interest."
Go with a smile!
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek finally brings himself to speaking out, "If you boys are done playing, lets get to work. I am a little anxious to find some real adversaries to test my mettle on." Continuing, "The Forge Lord is not against a little rough-housing, but one should deal with work obligations before playing".
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Yes, Shaw, lets get moving. And no more of this blubbering about breakage and such. I think we will all get along famously on this trip."
Arehzo

Post by Arehzo »

Gannicus re-sheathes his weapons and returns to his seat on the wagon, happy with the outcome of the situation, but a little concerned about his future prospects in this town.

Gannicus, Human Fighter
BFRPG: Marketstone Campaign
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Tannen looks back at Doughbert, then to Kitchener, but says nothing before resuming his seat on the 4th wagon.
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

The half-elf retakes his seat, muttering in elven, "<Bears fuming at squirrels then just walking away with threats for them... people are insane...>"
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger