Season 2 - Episode 1: Bertie's Boys

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Hywaywolf

Re: Season 2 - Episode 1: Bertie's Boys

Post by Hywaywolf »

Doughbert snatches up his bow and pulls back an arrow, "Only one of you will live long enough to take it."
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

(Who knew peasant tunics came in pinstripe?)

Mandross produces an apple from his sack of apples (ooo... applause), and casually inspects it for owl droppings for a moment...
He also gauges his driver's reaction to the unfolding events, distance Donny and Nunzio have to cover to reach Doughbert, the height of the lead (Doughbert's) wagon, distance between Mandross and the lead wagon's horse, Between Mandross and Donny, and how much he's getting paid for all of this.

"Gentlemen, please." Assuming nobody starts shooting, he continues "Let's not start a journey with murder. It's bad form, and would leave us stuck in town whilst Master Shorttoes stands trial. Unless of course our dear BerMister Kitchener's business in Westport isn't important."
Assuming nobody has tried to kill anyone yet, he continues, speaking directly to Bertie:
"If you wish to find another group to handle these affairs, I'm sure the rest would understand. But I'd hate to leave Mr. Shaw in the lurch."

If Donny, Jan, or Kitchener move to murder Mandross, or Doughbert, Nivek, Leo, Tannen, Gannicus, or Benoni for that matter, he'll fire off a noisy yellow smoke Flare just in front whomever moves to attack - I'm betting Donny or Bertie, followed by "That's a warning."
Go with a smile!
Arehzo

Post by Arehzo »

Gannicus places his hands on the pommels of his two swords and readies himself for action.

Gannicus, Human Fighter
BFRPG: Marketstone Campaign
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Tannen jumps down from the rearward wagon and interposes himself in a non-threatening manner (no weapons drawn and shield stowed) between Kitchener's muscle-men and Dougbert's arrow-tip.

"I don't think you'll have that halfling's apology without bloodshed, and I doubt you'd catch him in any case. You have my apology in the place of his. I should point out that it was several of his arrows that bought down the bandit-leader, Morward - a man whom we understand would bear you ill-will and will no longer do so thanks to that little one up there. <here Tannen thumbs over his shoulder in Doughbert's direction> Perhaps, with this insult forgotten, the ledger is even?"

So Mr. Kitchener has a temper does he.... Tannen takes a mental not of the fact for the future.

Tannen waits to see if his words diffuse the situation, but should violence ensue, he will draw his sword and strike to subdue the knife-wielders while yelling for Doughbert to make a run for it.
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

Leo shifts in his seat a bit to see what the fuss is about, then proceeds to roll his eyes.
"<This is why I stay in the wilds,>" he mutters in elvish. "<You don't have squirrels calling bears names and even if they did, the bears simply don't care....>"
He stands up on the seat next to the driver and says, "Will you fools end this pissing contest now? It matters not what we're called. We have to get on the road. Schedules to keep and all that. Let's go."
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
JoeCarr28

"... six ... seven ... eight ..."

Post by JoeCarr28 »

"... six ... seven ... eight ..."

Kitchener, Donny and Jan ignore the interjections of the others. Their gazes are fixed solely on Doughbert.

Shaw scurries back inside the Wheatsheaf.
Arehzo

Post by Arehzo »

Gannicus jumps down from his wagon and takes up position beside Doughbert and unsheathes his swords. He is hoping that the conflict won't escalate past words, but the week has been somewhat uneventful and he could do with some exercise.

Gannicus, Human Fighter
BFRPG: Marketstone Campaign
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

The half-elf draws an arrow, now nocked and ready, and just waits for a target. "Are we seriously going to start killing each other over a name? What, are you three years old, Kitchener? Learn to ignore the halfling's comments. I doubt he meant them half as seriously as you think and nowhere near as bad as the situation is becoming. Stop the infantile counting and let's be on about business. That which makes you people money, right? Isn't that what you are in this for? No one will be making any money if they are dead with an arrow in their gullet or a dagger in their spine."
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

_Silveredged wrote:...What, are you three years old, Kitchener? Learn to ignore the halfling's comments....[/b]
Oh boy....throw some fuel on that fire why don't you!?

To be clear - should violence ensue, Tannen will use the 'defending' option (net +6 to AC if I'm reading it right for Tannen) to enable Doughbert to escape.
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin quietly slides off the far side of the wagon. When Bertie tries to butcher us, come around the back, protect the mage, and set up a shield wall for him, he whispers to Benoni. He then draws his short bow and goes to one knee as he prepares to shoot Jan under the wagon.

OOC: Paladin is quite short, and I imagine the wagons to be slung roughly at the height of the axles. If I can't cleanly shoot under the wagon, I'll move to the front of wagon 4 instead and shoot from that angle. In either case, I'd like to use the wagon for cover.

Benoni blanches and takes a firm hold on both shields.