Interludes Between Adventures

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

Interludes Between Adventures

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Use this topic for in-character, between-adventure activity such as training, the buying and selling of goods, division of treasure, and other personal business.
Iain_IF

Re: Interludes Between Adventures

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin drinks to Alma's health and hands Then he smiles at the thought of commerce making him richer! He'll help Doughbert find a fence, er merchant, to buy the weapons, armor and statuary. We need to convert things into coin before splitting it up. I have my eye on the plate set, but these statues I think we can sell off. Anything else anyone want sold? And anything that we want to keep unsold?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

If you plan on hiring a retainer you might have to provide them with arms and armor so we may not want to sell all the armor. Also, does everyone who wants a crossbow have a crossbow? I am trying to decide if I want the ring or 200-300 exp. I am leaning toward the ring, but if I take it of course it will be cursed.
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Hywaywolf wrote:If you plan on hiring a retainer you might have to provide them with arms and armor so we may not want to sell all the armor. Also, does everyone who wants a crossbow have a crossbow? I am trying to decide if I want the ring or 200-300 exp. I am leaning toward the ring, but if I take it of course it will be cursed.

OOC: For simplicity's sake, I think we should convert everything to coin and items people want to keep as intact items, then split it up. If I (or anyone else) wants to then hire a retainer and outfit them with whatever, we can buy it. While this is more costly than keeping the gear on hand, it reduces the amount of discussion we need to have about things and reduces JoeCarr's bookkeeping.

At this juncture, I would also urge folks to make their decisions about the magic items in a timely fashion so we can make a final split of the treasure.

Paladin begins to tick off in his head the things he wants to get done in Marketstone before heading back to see Barney:
Fence the treasure.
Buy water.
Drink water.
Split the treasure.
Buy milk.
Drink milk.
Ask around about Bertie's help, the two men with the money, and what the other adventurer was doing for Bertie; Morward, his dwarven lieutenant, and the halfling bandits; and the tower where the goblins are rumored to be. Paladin's willing to lay out some gold if that helps.
Buy juice.
Drink juice.
Buy honey for Barnaby.
Buy mead.
Drink mead.
Find some sneaky character who might be able to teach him a thing or two. Paladin hopes to gain more experience with some training.
Buy beer.
Drink beer.
Post handbills looking for a big guy willing to carry a torch, a huge shield, and sacks of goblin treasure, not realizing that all humans qualify relative to Paladin. Someone will love taking orders from him, he's certain.
Buy cider.
Drink cider.
Find a big-footed lass, attempt to impress her with his tale and scars, lose her to Karl, sulk. Look for a cat to burn, fail, pass out.
Buy wine.
Drink wine.
Reequip himself for adventuring.
Buy whiskey.
Drink whiskey.
Try not to set himself on fire visiting Karl in the smithy to talk about big-footed lass, discover she's Karl's cousin, become confused, but feel better. Ponder asking for a character reference from Karl. Decide to wait until he's richer. Karl, that is.
Buy scotch.
Drink scotch
Interview big guy with huge shield, offering 15% of whatever Paladin gets in treasure, will bargain up to 20% but quit after that, will agree to equip.
Discover Johnny Jump-up and stick with that for the rest of his drinking.
Sing in a surprisingly deep baritone.
Pitch in when the others need a hand.

OOC: Paladin's looking for a human bigger than he is to be a torch-carrier and shieldman. Paladin won't burn through his money without meeting his and my needs. I post the above as a general guide for those looking to interact with Paladin.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I don't think we need to make people hiring retainers to buy the armor themselves if we already have it. In the end they will ultimately help the party, so its kind of a shared experience. That's different than just giving away dresses because you want to snooker the farmers wife. So we should just set aside the armor for however many retainers we expect to have and sell the rest of it.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

So can we do the treasure division now? I know Tannen was next to last, so I can't start! :)
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Birthright wrote:So can we do the treasure division now? I know Tannen was next to last, so I can't start! :)
Yes, let's get that done. Here's a reminder of the loot roll:

Doughbert: 19.
Nivek: 18, 14 (2nd number is the tiebreak roll).
Paladin: 18, 5 (2nd number is the tiebreak roll).
Karl: 13.
Mandross: 12.
Tannen: 5.
Hiker: 1.

So Doughbert, you're up ...
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek will opt for a cash-out instead of potential magical items... gonna spend what I can on XP.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I thought we were going to sell the goods first in order to know how much cash we have. So if Joe will go ahead and roll us up some sales on goods and let us know how much GP we get for everything we can get on with it. If I am going to choose the ring I would like to know how much cash i am exchanging for it. The book value of coins and goods is around 3800 gp.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Bearing in mind that your customer base is rather small (Marketsone is a rural village, although there is a trade route with Westport meaning that a number of traders do come and go on a fairly regular basis), these are the best prices that your offered for your various items of treasure:

- Silver goblin amulet: 26 gp.
- Carved gemmed statues: 348 gp.
- Silver service: 297 gp.
- Bandit armour and weapons: 826 gp.