Interludes Between Adventures

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Joe the Rat

Re: Interludes Between Adventures

Post by Joe the Rat »

Now that we're about divvied, how long are we looking at for downtime in-game? Mandross is up a few pounds, and would like to unload a bit.

If we've got time, he'd like to head to Westport - he could throw some money at "training." Yes, that's what they call it these days. If we're not down long enough for a trip, pleasant stay in town, and return (none of this running everywhere at top speed to get things done in too little time nonsense), he'll want to see about getting some additional gear here in Marketstone.

If we discussed time already, please feel free to smack the wizard upside the head, and take away his goblet of cider. The local orchards are a bad influence on him.
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

If we are going to westport we should have taken the statues with us. We probably could have gotten a couple hundred more gp for them there. But I don't care what we do. I'll loan a few gold pieces to Tannen to get some plate armor. Buy some oats for my horse, restock my adventuring gear, pick up a small mirror and arrange for a cheap bed and board for a few nights. Then Doughbert will spend all his money to the last copper for training. he is not worried about being broke, because he knows where he can pick up 52 pieces of gold and a bunch of silver.

As a matter of fact, he is actually entertaining a quick run back out to the bandit caves to retrieve the gold if anyone would like to go out for a quick ride. No adventuring, hide from any encounters, just pick up the gold and come back. maybe take something to the old hermit if he told anyone what he would like.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

OK, the final division of the loot is as follows:

Doughbert: Goblin Shaman's Enchanted ring + 298 gp.
Nivek: Morward's Enchanted Chain Mail + 298 gp.
Paladin: 596 gp.
Karl: 596 gp.
Mandross: 298 gp.
Tannen: Morward's Enchanted Sword + 298 gp.
Hiker: 596 gp.

I'll make a start on dealing with your other business in a forthcoming post. But with respect to prospective trips to Westport and/or the Coastwood Caves for treasure retrieval, remember that Kitchener expressly told you not to go wandering off. Unless you want to risk his displeasure, for the time being you're restricted to Marketstone.

In the meantime, Hiker returns with Alan and Alma to Northridge. Karl, fed-up of adventuring with halflings who shoot fellow party-members, returns to working at the Marketstone smithy whilst he decides how to invest his money. Kitchener's OK with this - he still has the majority of the party at the Wheatsheaf and says he'll keep a lookout for a couple of replacements.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Birthright wrote:Tannen takes a share of the cash.

Is it possible to purchase platemail in Marketsone? If so, how much? Tannen has about 298gp... and might be able to trade-in his chainmail. :)
Mandross'll spot you if need be, and it's available. Maybe Karl has other hidden talents.
Go with a smile!
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Joe the Rat wrote:
Birthright wrote:Tannen takes a share of the cash.

Is it possible to purchase platemail in Marketsone? If so, how much? Tannen has about 298gp... and might be able to trade-in his chainmail. :)
Mandross'll spot you if need be, and it's available. Maybe Karl has other hidden talents.
Nivek will likewise spot Tannen any cash shortages to equip himself properly (before Nivek spends the bulk of his money on some training xp).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

As Hiker leaves to return to farming life for the time being, he pauses and hugs his party members rather exuberantly.
"Take care of yourselves out there! Look me up if you ever stop at the farm again!"
For Tannen, he drops a small sack of coins in the soldier's hand, "I don't need all this, and the rest is more than mama has seen her whole life! Maybe you hang onto it, in case of an emergency? Bye!"
And with that he runs off, swinging his mace and shouting something about killing anything that moves....

OOC: 298 gold donated for Tannen to save for the party on a rainy day...
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

_Silveredged wrote:OOC: 298 gold donated for Tannen to save for the party on a rainy day...
Hehe ... nice try, but that's just a little too convenient. I've no problem with active party members loaning/donating money to one another, because the net effect on the party's wealth is neutral. However, Hiker is now essentially an NPC, so it would be nearly 300 gp the party wouldn't otherwise have.

So - Karl's and Hiker's share of the loot will leave the game intact. I'm going to insist that Tannen declines Hiker's generous offer.
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

that's not fair... that should be the least I can do... give the money back. it's no more convenient than having a mage named mandross ready and waiting to be rescued the moment karl nearly bites a big one... If Hiker was an NPC the entire game, i could understand, but he didn't become an NPC until people stopped playing him... you might as well have said:

"NOW that Hiker is an NPC, After Hiker walks away from handing Tannen the cash, he turns back around, snatches it back and says 'Just Kidding!' and then runs down the street chucking gold coins at people hard enough to cause knots to swell up on their foreheads..."

At least that would have been entertaining...
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

_Silveredged wrote:that's not fair...
Hey ... this is Old School - since when did the GM have to be fair? :twisted:
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

JoeCarr28 wrote:
_Silveredged wrote:that's not fair...
Hey ... this is Old School - since when did the GM have to be fair? :twisted:
So, I suppose I needn't bother to ask if you'd mind swapping (now NPC) Hiker's last hp roll with Tannen's then? :lol: