Season 1 - Episode 7: Homeward Bound

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

The Value of Treasure

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Paladin does his best to appraise the value of the various non-monetary items of treasure. Here are his best guesses:

- Silver amulet: 40 gp.
- Gold ring with gemstone: 10 gp (as an ordinary piece of jewellery).
- Gemmed wooden statues: 800 gp collectively (Paladin thinks these are particularly fine).
- Silver service: 400 gp.

Alan tells Doughbert that there is a wagon repair shop in Marketstone that does sometimes have second-hand wagons for sale. If you can't get one there, you'd probably have to go to Westport.
JoeCarr28

Loot Roll

Post by JoeCarr28 »

OK then, here's the result of the loot roll ... a straight d20, ties roll again.

Doughbert: 19.
Nivek: 18, 14 (2nd number is the tiebreak roll).
Paladin: 18, 5 (2nd number is the tiebreak roll).
Karl: 13.
Mandross: 12.
Tannen: 5.
Hiker: 1.

(At least Tannen is consistent with his luck!)
Hywaywolf

Re: Season 1 - Episode 7: Homeward Bound

Post by Hywaywolf »

Birthright wrote: OOC: This sounds fair to me. Hopefully Tannen might get the sword or the magical chain armour!

I'm glad I can't use armor (well I can, just not while thieving) so I wouldn't have to decide between the weaight saving of magical chainmail vs the better AC of plate mail. :)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

During the discussion of splitting the wealth, Doughbert thinks about what all is in the treasure trove and the value of each item and then remembers whats missing in the pile. "What about those 4 expensive gowns. Since Paladin has already laid claim to them their worth should be considered part of his share."
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

Hywaywolf wrote:During the discussion of splitting the wealth, Doughbert thinks about what all is in the treasure trove and the value of each item and then remembers whats missing in the pile. "What about those 4 expensive gowns. Since Paladin has already laid claim to them their worth should be considered part of his share."
Hiker speaks up, "I done give them to Miss Alma back when we were in the caves. They's too big for mister half-man."
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Hywaywolf wrote:
Birthright wrote: OOC: This sounds fair to me. Hopefully Tannen might get the sword or the magical chain armour!

I'm glad I can't use armor (well I can, just not while thieving) so I wouldn't have to decide between the weaight saving of magical chainmail vs the better AC of plate mail. :)
Yeah, My comment about Plate mail earlier was before I realised the chain was magical!
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

The dresses, while nice, are only worth 10 GP each, says Paladin. You, of course, will be subtracting your buried treasure from your share, right? he asks his fellow halfling.

Paladin rides on towards town trying to do long division.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: hahaha I have been waiting for that comment.)

Doughbert reddens, coughs, stutters a bit then blurts out, "Of course not, that loot was lost during the high pressure parley with a a league of bandits. Its the cost of adventuring, and if you remember, I did point out that it was still there and no one wanted to go back for it. besides, those dresses were of the quality made for a noble woman. They could be worth upward to 200 gold each."
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

They were knock-offs. 10 GP. Trust me, says Paladin. Plus I think they were sized for a man, probably pony-tail. Did you see how they hung off of Alma's frame? Now, I'm no connoisseur of human women, but Alma seemed a pretty robust lady. You probably missed how she gutted all those men like fish. You don't milk cows and stuff and stay petite. All I'm saying is that the dresses were big, off-the-rack knockoffs. 10 GP.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

"Now then, Paladin, that's not polite talk... I've half a mind to thump you for it. I mean yeah, she's a little lean in areas, and the dress needed tailoring, but saying they were off the rack-

Wait, you mean premade and stored for later sale? Huh. Never mind. Carry on then."

After a moment's thought (and a somewhat creepy smile), he adds "If you are accounting the dresses, they should come from Master Hiker's share, as he gave them to Alma... or write them off as a gift from the party to the nice lady who clearly knows a thing or two about knives and where to stick them in sleeping men who have behaved badly."
Go with a smile!