Season 1 - Episode 5: On the Trail of Alma

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

Hungry

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Iain_IF wrote:I'll ride Jumbles, volunteers Paladin. He frowns a moment. You aren't going to eat Jumbles , are you Barney?. Paladin us clearly torn between his trusty party member rescuing steed and his new best friend.
"Only if he's still hungry after his halfling starter" quips the old man.
JoeCarr28

More Questions than Answers

Post by JoeCarr28 »

There seem to be a few questions/proposals floating around that need resolving before we can move things forward:

1. Are you going to head out now, or tomorrow morning?

2. Are you going to return to the Northridge farm and/or Marketstone, or press-on in the Coastwood?

3. If you're going to continue in the Coastwood, are you planning to return to the place where you found the scrap of yellow cloth and attempt to follow any subsequent trail, or are you going to try and find the bandits mentioned by the old man?

4. Are you going to take Jumbles with you?

Doughbert: HP 5/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 9/9.
Karl: HP 8/8.
Nivek: HP 7/7. 2 '0' level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP 3/4.
Tannen: HP 9/9.
9 am, 28th day of Harvestide.
Iain_IF

Re: Hungry

Post by Iain_IF »

JoeCarr28 wrote:
Iain_IF wrote:I'll ride Jumbles, volunteers Paladin. He frowns a moment. You aren't going to eat Jumbles , are you Barney?. Paladin us clearly torn between his trusty party member rescuing steed and his new best friend.
"Only if he's still hungry after his halfling starter" quips the old man.
Paladin pouts, goes to hug his pal Barnie, but then clearly thinks better of it.
Iain_IF

Re: More Questions than Answers

Post by Iain_IF »

JoeCarr28 wrote:There seem to be a few questions/proposals floating around that need resolving before we can move things forward:

1. Are you going to head out now, or tomorrow morning?

2. Are you going to return to the Northridge farm and/or Marketstone, or press-on in The Coastwood?

3. If you're going to continue in The Coastwood, are you planning to return to the place where you found the scrap of yellow cloth and attempt to follow any subsequent trail, or are you going to try and find the bandits mentioned by the old man?

4. Are you going to take Jumbles with you?
OOC: I am for heading out in the morning, pressing on in the Coastwood, following the yellow cloth trail, and taking Jumbles.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Iain_IF wrote:OOC: I am for heading out in the morning, pressing on in the Coastwood, following the yellow cloth trail, and taking Jumbles.
OOC: Seconded, especially if we can stash stuff here/nearby. BTW, are there any training rules/house-rules that we should be anticipating as we approach 2nd? I would hate to spend our monies only to find out we will be needing it to pay out for training up.

Otherwise, back to IN CHARACTER:
Nivek nods in agreement.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Re: Season 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Hywaywolf »

I'm ready to leave now or in the morning. Go back to where the north trail and the piece of cloth and follow it as best we can. I don't care if we take jumbles or not. I don't mind leaving some of the coin here, but I plan to take as much of my share of the gold as I can with me to buy my way out of tight scrapes. Or maybe the old man has some gems he can trade us for the gold.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

SmootRK wrote:BTW, are there any training rules/house-rules that we should be anticipating as we approach 2nd? I would hate to spend our monies only to find out we will be needing it to pay out for training up.
I'm not going to enforce any requirement to train in terms of levelling-up. Once you hit the required number of experience points, you'll level-up 'automatically'. Even if it's mid-dungeon.

However, I will allow you to trade gold for XP on a 1:1 basis, but this will require a trainer. In simple terms, you pay the trainer a certain amount of gold, and in return he provides you with the corresponding amount of training/experience. This you'll need to do back in a town.

Hywaywolf wrote: Or maybe the old man has some gems he can trade us for the gold.
Err ... no.

Sergeant Tannen - there appears to be a consensus that you should return to the piece of yellow cloth and try and follow any subsequent trail. I just need a definitive management decision on: (a) whether you leave now or tomorrow morning, and (b) whether you'll take the faithful Jumbles.

Doughbert: HP 5/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 9/9.
Karl: HP 8/8.
Nivek: HP 7/7. 2 '0' level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP 3/4.
Tannen: HP 9/9.
9 am, 28th day of Harvestide.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Perhaps we would leave Jumbles with the old man - didn't he mention the possibility of some marshy land between here and the tower? Jumbles wouldn't fare too well in a swamp.

As for when we leave, I don't ink there's any reason to wait around... Let's go now!
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

OOC: Assuming order is given to move out...

IC:

Hiker grabs his things, thanks the old man again for his help and hefts his pack back on his back and strings his bow for the journey ... waiting for instructions on where he is to be in the marching order.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Birthright wrote:Perhaps we would leave Jumbles with the old man - didn't he mention the possibility of some marshy land between here and the tower? Jumbles wouldn't fare too well in a swamp.

As for when we leave, I don't ink there's any reason to wait around... Let's go now!
"Aye, we can go when all are ready", Nivek makes sure all his gear is packed up properly.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?