Season 1 - Episode 5: On the Trail of Alma

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Iain_IF

Re: Season 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin pipes up, Tell them there is a bounty on goblin heads! Ask them if they know where some are!
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

"We could use all the help against these goblins that we can get", Tannen says quietly to any of the group within earshot.

"Can we strike a bargain with these Bandits - if that is in fact what they are? If so, what do we want from them (information, armed help) and what do we have to offer? Maybe that crate of valuables is theirs? Or should we leave them alone and head towards the coast to seek out this tower?"
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

We can pay them for their efforts. I brought all our money! Paladin asserts.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

After hiding his gold, Doughbert returns to the group and listens in on the conversation. He then says, "There is the chance that the girl has been taken by the bandits. The gobs we questioned said the head man left with one other gob to go to the coast. One gob was killed back at the trail split. Maybe they captured her and the head man and have her inside. They may want a ransom for her. Do we have enough to pay it?"
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek listens intently to all the comments of his comrades, then finally remarks, "My inclination is to try to communicate with these woodsmen, but my gut tells me that something is amiss and we are stumbling into a confrontation. I have not a rationale for this feeling; perhaps the Forge Lord is trying to provide some guidance to us."

Shaking his head, "I will accompany our spokesperson (assuming Tannen), but I shall remain mostly silent to better listen intently and watch their mannerisms for duplicity."

Niveks pats Tannen on the shoulder in an encouraging way, "shall we do this?".....
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
JoeCarr28

STOP RIGHT THERE!

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Tannen and Nivek follow the north-westerly path in the direction of the guard post. As the two comrades emerge from the forest and into a small clearing in front of the cave, the guards (four humans and a dwarf), spotting them, level their crossbows at Tannen and Nivek and shout "STOP RIGHT THERE! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

Doughbert: HP 5/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 9/9.
Karl: HP 8/8.
Nivek: HP 7/7. 2 '0' level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP 3/4.
Tannen: HP 9/9.
11 am, 28th day of Harvestide.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Tannen swallows to try and clear the lump in his throat and raises his hands, showing the guards the palms of his gloved hands.

"Peace, we mean you no harm. The old hermit from the woods sent us to seek you out. We recently cleared a tribe of goblins from their cave complex - we understand that you might have had the odd skirmish with them. They had something that we seek, and it was not in their lair. We are after information... and we are prepared to pay for it. Who is in charge here?"

Tannen sneaks a sidelong glance at Nivek, but otherwise attempts to project the appearance of calm confidence. He hopes that the bandits don't sense his fear.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

For the record, Doughbert had slipped into position in the woods where he had a good view and and clear bowshot at the 4 guards. If possible he will be with 100 yards of them.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Birthright wrote:Tannen swallows to try and clear the lump in his throat and raises his hands, showing the guards the palms of his gloved hands.

"Peace, we mean you no harm. The old hermit from the woods sent us to seek you out. We recently cleared a tribe of goblins from their cave complex - we understand that you might have had the odd skirmish with them. They had something that we seek, and it was not in their lair. We are after information... and we are prepared to pay for it. Who is in charge here?"

Tannen sneaks a sidelong glance at Nivek, but otherwise attempts to project the appearance of calm confidence. He hopes that the bandits don't sense his fear.
Nivek nods affirmingly as Tannen speaks to the gentlemen, also showing his hands.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
JoeCarr28

A New Arrival

Post by JoeCarr28 »

The dwarven crossbowman nods at one of this fellow guards and gestures towards the inside of the cave. The human duly obliges, disappearing from view into the depths of the cavern.

A minute or two passes. Throughout that time the remaining guards say nothing. They just stand there resolutely with their crossbows trained on Tannen and Nivek.

Eventually the guard returns, followed by another human. The new arrival is a tall and well-built man. He's wearing chain mail armour, and a longsword in an ornate scabbard hangs from his side. A thick beard covers the majority of his face and his dark hair is tied-back in a pony tail. Despite the armour, he moves easily and lightly with a certain swagger. Tannen senses that he is probably a warrior of some skill and experience.

"My men here tell me that you're looking to buy some information. Tell me what you're after and I'll let you know my price," he addresses you confidently in a strong, clear voice.

Doughbert: HP 5/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 9/9.
Karl: HP 8/8.
Nivek: HP 7/7. 2 '0' level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP 3/4.
Tannen: HP 9/9.
11 am, 28th day of Harvestide.