Season 1 - Episode 5: On the Trail of Alma

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

Regroup

Post by JoeCarr28 »

You return to the fork in the path by Barnaby and regroup to consider your options.

One piece of good news is that it has now stopped raining.

Doughbert: HP 5/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 9/9.
Karl: HP 8/8.
Nivek: HP 7/7. 2 '0' level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP 3/4.
Tannen: HP 9/9.
12 noon, 28th day of Harvestide.
Iain_IF

Re: Season 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin wakes up from his nap and scurries off after the rest of the party. What do you think? he asks to cover his confusion.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Once he is sure that none of the bandits have trailed him, Tannen looks around at his rain-drenched companions.

"It seems we are at an impasse. I don't think we can risk attacking these men. For one, we have no idea of their number. For two, their leader seems to be a warrior of some skill if his demeanor and the respect he commands from his men are anything to go by. We also have no proof that he even has the girl, but I think I believe him. The question is, if he knows about the reward he must have been to town recently or no someone else who has. I think we should return to Marketstone and speak to the authorities. We can at least report the probable whereabouts of the girl to them. Maybe they'll give us half the reward for our trouble.

At least we'll be able to get a warm meal and sell of that crate of goods we got from the goblins.

What do you think?"
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

"Well, if we are not going to just go in an' stomp these unlawful heathens, then town sounds good." remarks Nivek. "Would be nice to dry off"
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Town is a wise choice. This ponytail one appears to be an ardent follower of Lord Locke with the way he has protected his goods."
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Maybe we can get Barnaby's friend to watch and see if ponytail guy leaves with Alma, or both her hands, while we are in town. What do you think Barnie? asks Paladin.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

It's a 2 - 3 day hike back to Marketstone. So it could be almost a week before you're able to return. I hope I'm never relying on you to rescue me!

Is that the definite plan - to leave directly for Marketstone now?

Doughbert: HP 5/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 9/9.
Karl: HP 8/8.
Nivek: HP 7/7. 2 '0' level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP 3/4.
Tannen: HP 9/9.
12 noon, 28th day of Harvestide.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

[OOC: Another option that I don't think anyone commented on is to wait for the bandits to mount another hunting expedition and hit the caves while their numbers are fewer... I dunno though, I feel like we're getting mixed 'messages' from the GM here! And there's also the fact that we actually don't have any proof that Alma is even with the bandits.]
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

[ooc] Lets just hide out and wait for something to happen and hit the cave when timing seems right. Just like any other dungeon to explore. I was kinda bummed when things didn't just turn into a fight earlier.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Birthright wrote: I dunno though, I feel like we're getting mixed 'messages' from the GM here!

No mixed messages, just a good old fashioned dilemma! Assuming Alma is with the bandits, which of course you don't know for sure, do you try to find a way to rescue her now with the resources you have available? Or, do you come back later, perhaps better resourced, but with the risk that the situation's changed?