Season 1 - Episode 4: The Goblin Caves

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Hywaywolf

Re: Season 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I told them to go back for you, my brother." whispers Doughbert. "They didn't care about you. But I'll make sure the gob prisoners carry you." Doughbert takes a winter blanket from somehwere (he will ron to the throne room and get the one he left if he has too) and makes a stretcher, then asks Nivek to instruct the gobs to carry Paladin on it.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

"Lets not untie the goblins. They could make trouble. They can carry our gear and I will help Paladin."

Tannen will move to assist the Halfling to his feet.

"Sorry we took so long, Doughbert insisted we search the place for secret doors. Lets get you back on your feet and to the safety of the old man's cave. I'm pretty sure you've earned yourself about a dozen breakfasts."
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

Hiker looked down on Mr. Half Man (paladin) and realized his injuries would definitely result in strength in the future!

"Don't worry overmuch Mr. Half Man, you's gonna be much stronger in no time cuz of them injuries"
then Hiker, under the weight of the statues looked over at the also injured, and likely-strengthening-due-to-injury, Nivek to assure him that he was getting the whole idea of getting hurt and getting stronger...at least he thought he was.
JoeCarr28

North or West?

Post by JoeCarr28 »

You collect the injured Paladin and make your way towards the exit, up the long northerly passage. When you reach the westerly tunnel that will take you back past the guard post and out into The Coastwood you have a choice:

Will you proceed west directly to the exit?

Or, before you leave, will you investigate the curtain to the north, the one the goblins claim hides a wolf?

((I'm away with work Tuesday and Wednesday. Next post from me on Thursday.))

Doughbert: HP 3/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 6/9.
Karl: HP 7/8.
Nivek: HP -1/7. Stabilised. No ‘0’ level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP -1/4. Stabilised.
Tannen: HP 6/9.
6 pm, 27th day of Harvestide.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Doughbert will move up to the curtain with his sword ready and if the torch light behind him allows it, will ease the curtain back to look inside.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Hywaywolf wrote:"I told them to go back for you, my brother." whispers Doughbert. "They didn't care about you. But I'll make sure the gob prisoners carry you." Doughbert takes a winter blanket from somehwere (he will ron to the throne room and get the one he left if he has too) and makes a stretcher, then asks Nivek to instruct the gobs to carry Paladin on it.
Nivek does his best to explain the stretcher to the goblins. As we move along, Nivek will do his best to keep his eyes on the goblins for treachery (which is expected).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Tannen draws his sword and keeps one eye on the goblins while Doughbert peeks behind the curtain.
JoeCarr28

Tethered Wolf

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Hywaywolf wrote:Doughbert will move up to the curtain with his sword ready and if the torch light behind him allows it, will ease the curtain back to look inside.
Doughbert pulls back the curtain and, with the aid of Tannen's torchlight, peers inside a small cave. He sees a crouching wolf. Not an ordinary wolf though, like the ones you fought earlier at The Wheatsheaf and in The Coastwood. But an unnaturally large black wolf, such as the ones goblins use as mounts. For Hiker, it brings back memories of Alma's abduction.

Upon seeing you, the wolf springs to its feet and starts growling ferociously and tugging manically at the rusty chain with which it is currently tethered.

The three goblins that are with you cower in fear.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Though doughbert's buttocks were tightly clenched, a little leakage stained his trousers anyway. Controlling the instinctual fear, he holds his position and looks to see what else is in the cave.
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

Hiker's mind is jogged into action, no small feat to be sure.

"That's one of them wolfs that was at the farm which took Miss Alma!"

Hiker, with little else to add, resumes his silence under the wooden statues weight.