Season 1 - Episode 3: Into the Coastwood

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

actingkeith

Re: Chapter 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by actingkeith »

As the rush of combat subsides, Karl looks around and sees Jumbles.

Knowing Jumbles was stationed with the rest of the gear, Karl is confused because he doesn't see his backpack, which was also staged with the rest of the gear. If the gear staging area was moved, his gear must've been moved too.

Looking at Paladin on Jumbles, Karl asks, "Where's my pack?"
- True might is measured in the good brought to others
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

"I don't know; did you drop it? You should try to keep ahold of things that are important to you," asks Paladin. "Can you put the human on Jumbles? He's eaten too many latkes for me to lift him. "

Paladin will scurry up the nearest tree to look out for goblins.
JoeCarr28

Re: Experience Points

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Eevans wrote:Should I update my PC sheet with the XP myself?
Yes please.
actingkeith

Post by actingkeith »

Iain_IF wrote:"I don't know; did you drop it? You should try to keep ahold of things that are important to you," asks Paladin. "Can you put the human on Jumbles? He's eaten too many latkes for me to lift him. "
"I staged my pack with the rest of the gear when the sergeant staged the gear," Karl said as if that was supposed to explain everything.
- True might is measured in the good brought to others
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

[Tannen continues to lie nearly motionless (the only movement is the slight rise and fall of his chest as he breathes irregularly) on the ground, overcome by the three(!) wolf-bite wounds]
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

[Hiker is also just breathing after good Paladin bound my seeping wounds]

OOC: We are suddenly a walking, err laying, MASH unit. 3 wolves tore us up
JoeCarr28

Wounded

Post by JoeCarr28 »

So, let’s take stock of the situation ...

You’re about a mile into The Coastwood. Doughbert (-7 hit points), Hiker (-7 hit points) and Tannen (-1 hit point) are severely injured, although now stable and conscious. They are, however, unable to move without assistance (until their hit points are greater than zero).

As Nivek tends to the patients, Karl rounds up Jumbles and the gear, and Paladin climbs a tree to survey the surroundings. Just as Doughbert before him, Paladin can clearly see a plume of smoke rising above the treetops a couple of hundred yards to the east.

What’s the plan?

[If you haven’t already done so, please can you add height and weight details to your character sheets. There’s a nice generator at http://www.basicfantasy.org/hwcalc.html]

Doughbert: HP -7/5 … stabilised and conscious
Hiker: HP -7/9 … stabilised and conscious
Karl: HP 7/8
Nivek: HP 4/7; 2 ‘0’ level spells remaining today
Tannen: HP -1/9 … stabilised and conscious
9 am, 27th day of Harvestide
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Smoke over to the east, says Paladin down to the others. No sign of goblins. I can go look while you get the others onto Jumbles. offers Paladin.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek walks over to Tannen, "I know you need the rest, but we really need you up on your feet... RENEW THYSELF" [Nivek casts Cure Minor Wounds upon Tannen twice to get him back to 1 hp, no more orisons left this day].

Nivek remarks further, "We cannot manage another such fight. We have a clear trail, and if we can detemine where this enemy camp is or where it is heading, then we should simply return to the farm and recoup

[Nivek is 5'2 (62") and weighs in at 175lb (now on character sheet), tall and powerfully built for a dwarf]
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

Hiker sits up for the very first time and looks around in a very confused manner.

"What happened?"
Hiker looked to Paladin who had administered to his terrible wounds. As Hiker sits up he is struck by the soreness of the sever bites he suffered,"I dont really r'member nuthin"

OOC: Hiker ---> Ht: 5'8" & Wt: 155