Season 1 - Episode 3: Into the Coastwood

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Iain_IF

Re: Chapter 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Iain_IF »

Can I ride on you Barnaby? asks Paladin excitedly. I don't weigh much, really. Even less now since we've missed elevenses. . Paladin frowns. Whatever shall we do with Jumbles though? worries Paladin over his faithful steed.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Birthright wrote:"Can you tell us much about these caves? How big are they? Do you know how many goblins could be holed up inside?

If there are buy a few, we could perhaps enter the caves today. If there is a larger, I'd rather wait for a night's rest to ease my remaining wounds which could perhaps allow us to do some quiet reconnaissance this afternoon."
Nivek remarks, "I agree. Better to be full strength as we encounter the goblins. (looking toward the forester) Perhaps first thing in the morning hours, you can offer another of your healing efforts, then we head directly to the cave. I am looking forward to greeting these rotten goblins with my hammer and mace"
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Eevans

Re: Caves, Goblins and Wolves

Post by Eevans »

JoeCarr28 wrote:(To Hiker, somewhat exasperated): “You can repay the favour by getting rid of the goblins. If you and your friends do that, it won’t just be me that will be grateful; it will be the whole forest.”

Hiker nods in understanding.

"Ahhh, ok, I see....Wow them are BIG woofs....I just hope I can shoot with my bow this time. I am not wanting to die out here. My Mama would be sore at me if'n I go off one time and then die."
Hiker then plodded over and sat down to wait and see what the others tell him to do.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Iain_IF wrote:Can I ride on you Barnaby? asks Paladin excitedly. I don't weigh much, really. Even less now since we've missed elevenses. .
"Hehe, you can try little one ..." chuckles the old man with a wicked looking gleam in his eyes "..., you can try."
JoeCarr28

Inventory Update

Post by JoeCarr28 »

If you haven't already done so, please can you update your inventories:

- All cross-off a day's rations for 27th Harvestide.
- Hiker cross-off two arrows (those that missed the wolves). Doughbert was able to find the dagger he threw.
- Paladin cross-off a flask of oil and a small sack.

Also - Paladin raises a good point - what are you going to do with Jumbles? Are you going to leave him here or take him with you? If you're going to leave him, is Tannen going to leave behind (or redistribute) any equipment so that he isn't heavily loaded?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

[OOC: Nivek has about 7 pounds of spare encumbrance before load change.]

"Perhaps you are a tad loaded down son? My pack is not so heavy. Would you like me to carry a few pieces of gear for ya?", Nivek queries Tannen.

Nivek continues (toward the group), "So what is the plan, rest and heal a tad more? or head there now? The Forge Lord does not grant me unlimited aid. I need to meditate and pray for his assistance. The Forge Lord appreciates hard work... Is there any firewood that need chopping? I can clear my mind quickly while toiling away at some task."
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

"Maybe we should head to the caves this afternoon, but only to watch for a while. We can return here..." - Tannen glances in the direction of the group's host - "..with your permission of course, to rest for the night.

Tannen unbuckles his bedroll (winter blanket) and hands it to his pious dwarven companion. "If you could carry this, I think I can keep up with the rest of you and we can give that old nag a rest. My thanks."

"So, who's up for a look at those caves this afternoon?"
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

Hiker looked at Tannen, and knew he felt something, but as usual the descriptive depth of Hiker was akin to a tide pool, he settled for 'better' and thus volunteered to go right away.

"Heck, Im up for findin Miss Alma as soon as we can, she must be a terrible mess."
actingkeith

Post by actingkeith »

Karl just grunts as he hefts his pack. "Time to go kill some goblins."
- True might is measured in the good brought to others