Season 1 - Episode 2: Northridge Farm

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

swirler

Re: Chapter 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by swirler »

Doughbert watches and listens while sitting quietly and eating out of range of the others food and forks. Almost as an afterthought he responds to Paladin's questions about his lack of girth. The Shorttoes clan were message runners for the area we used to live in. This became advantageous during the dark days. We were some of the only families to survive.
--James
"Cthulhu called, he wants his insanity back."

"Vulnerable and hot trumps paranoid most of the time."
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

All the more reason to enjoy today! agrees Sterling. You know Hiker, you should come with us so that we bring back the hand of the right woman. Do you think you could pick Alma out of a bevy of beauties? I'd be willing to share my drink with you on recompense for your efforts.
actingkeith

Post by actingkeith »

Iain_IF wrote:All the more reason to enjoy today! agrees Sterling. You know Hiker, you should come with us so that we bring back the hand of the right woman. Do you think you could pick Alma out of a bevy of beauties? I'd be willing to share my drink with you on recompense for your efforts.
"We bring back any humans we find," Karl speaks coldly. "If goblins are raidin'..." He trails off and doesn't start back up.
- True might is measured in the good brought to others
swirler

Post by swirler »

actingkeith wrote: "We bring back any humans we find," Karl speaks coldly. "If goblins are raidin'..." He trails off and doesn't start back up.

" I fully agree Karl, with an adition. We rescue any captoves, be they human, elf, halfling, dwarf or whatever. Of course if the goblins seriously outnumber us it may require more assistance."
--James

SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek adds, "If there be folk to rescue, we will toil until they are all freed. Now let us rest a bit afore we hike out anew come morning."

Nivek remarks, "I will take first watch again while I do my evening rites... Whom shall watch after me?"" He sets about doing any gear checking and maintenance, all the while muttering various prayers to himself.

[Nivek keeps a good watch, peering out windows and walking about the area quietly (and using Darkvision). He would prefer to rest near the front door if possible when watch is complete]
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin curls up with his jug of cider, but he willingly takes last watch to see the sun rise and to cook breakfast. He'll make more potato latkes and scones and put a few bottles of cider in his backpack for "later".
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

actingkeith wrote:Karl comes in at the tail end of the farm hand's story. He removes his gloves, tucking them into his belt.

"Window's patched, sir," Karl says. "Fairly done. It'll last 'til you can fix it better."
“Thanks for fixing the window lad. If you’re hungry, you’d best get in the kitchen quick whilst there’s still summat left.”

Iain_IF wrote:All the more reason to enjoy today! agrees Sterling. You know Hiker, you should come with us so that we bring back the hand of the right woman. Do you think you could pick Alma out of a bevy of beauties? I'd be willing to share my drink with you on recompense for your efforts.
“You know what, it might not be such a bad idea if young Hiker here joins you. He knows a bit o’ the surrounding countryside and he’s a good shot with a bow. It’d be nice for Alma to see a friendly face as well - you know, when you find her. Mind you, I’m a bit uneasy about being left here on me own. What if the goblins come back? The other farmhands can handle their tools but not much else. I'd like there to be a farm for Alma to come back to.”

In his inimitable fashion, Scathias silently indicates that he is willing to stay at Northridge Farm as a guard, whilst the others go and look for Alma.

SmootRK wrote:Nivek adds, "If there be folk to rescue, we will toil until they are all freed. Now let us rest a bit afore we hike out anew come morning."
“There ain’t going to be enough room for us all in here tonight I’m afraid, but there should be plenty of space in the farmhands’ quarters across the yard. You’ll be comfortable enough in there. Right, it’s getting late and me heads throbbing - I’m gonna go and try and get some sleep. Good night all, I'll see you in the morning.”

And with that, Alan Grenewell struggles to his feet and heads slowly towards his bedroom.

10 pm, 25th day of Harvestide
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

JoeCarr28 wrote:
And with that, Alan Grenewell struggles to his feet and heads slowly towards his bedroom.

10 pm, 25th day of Harvestide

Hiker finished up his wonderful food and wiped his mouth with a sleeve. "Thanks Mr. Halfman!"

Then Hiker listened to the conversation and nodded his head profusely when asked to join the group, "Oh yes! I will help get Miss Alma back," then seeing Mr. Grenewell head off to his room, he cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted "GOODNIGHT MR. ALAN SIR!" .... "Mama always says its best to say yer goodnights cuz ya never know what the day will bring."

With that Hiker heads out to the farmhand's quarters where his stuff is already laid out and falls into a deep, peaceful sleep that only one such as him could conjure considering the circumstances afoot.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Muttering to himself about the indignity of sleeping in accommodation designed for Farmhands, Tannen follows the others and checks in on Jumbles before turning in for the night. He volunteers to take the second watch, after Nivek.
swirler

Post by swirler »

Doughbert says his goodnights and heads out to check in on Jumbles. He feeds Jumbles a few raw veggies he had pocketed from the kitchen. He then climbs into the barns hayloft with his equipment and sacks out near an upper window or loft door that can give him a view of the farm. After he does his evening prayers asking for guidance and strength he curls up with his blanket and goes to sleep, waking occasionally to look out over things.
--James