Season 1 - Episode 1: Welcome to the Wheatsheaf

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Birthright

Re: Chapter 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Birthright »

Tannen lowers his sword momentarily, before sheathing it at his hip and slinging his shield over one shoulder. He stoops down to collect his backpack before turning to the others:

"We should question the boy as to what he saw. We should also have someone stand watch tonight, too. And let's get Kitchener's opinion on the wolves too."

"In the morning, I think we should head for the farm - that's our mission. Stray wolves attacking this town are not our direct concern."

{If nothing else eventful happens, Tannen will head back inside, speak with Kitchener and the boy, Will, about the wolves - specifically did the boy see goblins or not on their backs. Then Tannen intends to get a good night's sleep for an early start on the morrow.}
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin gingerly climbs down from the roof. Gotta see a man about a horse he explains as he skips into the stables.

His business finished, he goes looking for a drink.
swirler

Post by swirler »

Good point Tannen. Anyone else?
--James
"Cthulhu called, he wants his insanity back."

"Vulnerable and hot trumps paranoid most of the time."
JoeCarr28

Will's Wolves

Post by JoeCarr28 »

You head back into The Wheatsheaf to find Kitchener propped up against the bar with a glass in his hand, and Will skulking rather sheepishly behind him.

“Seems the boy let his imagination run away with him” says Kitchener. “He saw them wolves skulkin’ amongst the trees, and what with the fadin’ light and all the talk of Alma Grenewell’s kidnap, well, the poor lad got rather carried away with himself. He’s always been a nervous type.”

“They just looked like ordinary wolves to me, “ Kitchener continues, “... like the kind you get out in The Blackwood. I can’t deny that it’s strange that they should attack like that, but at the end of the day, they’re just dumb animals. Perhaps they were just spooked by all yer weapons and posturin’. Anyway get yerselves summat to eat and then get some kip - yer’ve got quite a walk in the mornin’. Will - you go tidy up them carcasses before the stink sets in. I’ll get a couple of me other boys to keep watch tonight, just in case there are any more of ‘em out there.”

Kitchener downs his drink and heads for the stairs. “Pop in and see me before yer leave tomorrow - if yer need any supplies or suchlike I can point yer in the right direction.”

9 pm, 24th day of Harvestide
JoeCarr28

GM Update

Post by JoeCarr28 »

The two wolves earn you a collective total of 150 XP, plus everyone gets 100 XP for sucessfully repelling the wolf attack. That works out at 137 XP for Tannen and Kemble (with their 10% human bonus) and 125 XP for everyone else. As discussed in the 'House Rules' topic, you can add this experience to your character sheets now.

Also, Paladin and Scathias should each scratch one arrow - those that were embedded in the fleeing wolf.
swirler

Post by swirler »

Doughbert eats and drinks enough but not too much, joining into any idle chitchat if others are talkative.

When it's time for bed He heads to his room, closes the door, wedges his shortsword between the door and frame enough to keep it from being opened w/o him hearing it. Healso checks the room over for anything secret or hidden, passages, traps and the link. If there is a window he uses one of his daggers in the window frame to hold it also. he places his pack within close reach, His armor also. He slips his other dagger under his pillow and says his prays to Master Loche then goes to bed.

(with these door/window blocks he is as careful as possible to not damage anything.)
--James

JoeCarr28

GM Note

Post by JoeCarr28 »

[Just for the record, you'll all be cosied-up together in the dormitory sleeping room - that's all Kitchener's offered you.]
swirler

Re: GM Note

Post by swirler »

JoeCarr28 wrote:[Just for the record, you'll all be cosied-up together in the dormitory sleeping room - that's all Kitchener's offered you.]
[ooc: ah okay I had wondered if that would be the case]
--James

Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin spends the night trading embellished stories of how the wolves were fought off by his brave actions for beer and other beverages. He tells everyone and anyone about how the goblins have seduced a missing farm maid named Bessie and how Paladin has collected a band of ruffians to chop off her hand! The local folk are more interested in how he ended up sobbing on the roof of the stable. Paladin somewhat loses the thread of his tale and by midnight is quietly passed out in the stable mumbling apologies to the tavern's dog in his sleep.
swirler

Post by swirler »

Doughbert finds a nice corner to sleep with his back against. He looks around the room seeing who besides his new group of comrades are staying there.
--James