Out-of-Character Chat

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

Re: Out-of-Character Chat

Post by JoeCarr28 »

SmootRK wrote:
Hywaywolf wrote:happy 4th right back atcha. Not sure if the 4th of july means anything to any non US folks though. maybe the brits celebrate it :)
Perhaps they celebrate it quietly as the "good riddance day" :lol:
I think I'll just maintain a diplomatic silence ...
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

BTW guys, how much cash are we prepared to offer these bandits for info?

Whatever the amount, I was thinking half in advance and half once they made good on the info?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I guess that would depend on what info we want. You could start by telling him we were tracking the gobs they attacked at path crossing and would like to know what happened to the other gobs in that party. If he has the girl and the chieftain (or killed the chieftain) then he will know what we are really after and we can deal with each other on equal footing. If he doesn't have the girl but knows that the chieftain escaped with her he may be able to play with us and run the price up. If he doesn't know anything about the girl, we don't need to tell him about her and give him info he doesn't need to know.

So just ask about the gobs they attacked. Don't mention the girl. Maybe say that there is a bounty on gobs back in the village (I can't remember if there is) and that we will pay a half share to them for info leading to the capture or death of each gob. Mayhap the bounty is 5 gold each?
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Sorry guys. Hope I haven't blown our chance at getting info from the bandits. I knew that the halflings would be pissed at Tannen if he didn't at least try and talk the price down! :D
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

If you had agreed to 50 quickly he would suspect you had more gold than you knew what to do with. At least this way, you can pretend that you have to scrape it together so as to not make ourselves look like a fat purse to snatch.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

OK, same conundrum. This bandit guy might know where Alma is. There is a 500gp reward for her return, but how much coin do we offer this guy for more info that might result in her 'return'.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I don't care about retaining gold (as long as the money we get is considered xp) so offer everything we have with us. I am carrying 60 gold and 118 silver. I will offer up all of it if they give us the girl. I can't speak for paladin, but he should have 29 gold and 178 silver. Karl has 14 gold. hiker has 10 gold. I don't think they will care about any idea that we go get the reward and come back and pay them.
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

He might have her. I would tell him there's a bounty in town but that it is from the law. Split the bounty with him and leave one of us with him for surety. I vote the dwarf. Or offer to cut his guys in on the bounty if they help get her back from the gobbies. They are bandits. They can't easily claim a bounty in town while we can. That said they aren't going to hand over something of value to us just on the basis of our saying so.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I think first we need to know if he has the girl or not before we make any offers for her. Get him to tell us one way or the other and stop all this pay for information talk. We pay for her or we go away.

I think between all of us we can scrape up close to 150 gp. We already paid him 50. So that would be 200 gp altogether. I agree we should tell him about the bounty and that you have to deliver the girl into town to get it. Tell him that all we have between all of us is 150gp along with the 50 we already paid. Also tell him that a lot of copper pieces still remain in the goblins cave along with their junk. Tell him that's all we can offer unless one of them wants to accompany us into town. If he waivers then have Nivek suddenly remember the candlesticks or whatever that loot was we brought out of the caves and offer that.

If that doesn't cover it then we should either fight or leave. and then sneak back and take out the caves by stealth.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I dont trust the situation here. I get the feeling that we are going to get shanked by these guys, right when we look vulnerable. Perhaps we should do the town/region and essentially set a goal to "clean up these woods" and ask for additional rewards from the town leadership and/or the druid.

I will follow along with what you all decide should be the course of action, but (as a player) think this is going to be a fight in the end anyhows.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?