Out-of-Character Chat

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

Re: Out-of-Character Chat

Post by JoeCarr28 »

swirler wrote:I'm planning to leave tomorrow (the 28th) to go see my family for a few days. I won't be home until the 1st or 2nd most likely. I have net on my phone and should still be able to keep up depending on the signal there. Just figured I'd let you know.
No probs, thanks for letting us know.
swirler

Post by swirler »

JoeCarr28 wrote:but they’re most probably wondering why there’s a sobbing halfling standing on the roof of the Wheatsheaf’s stables … it’s not a sight that you see everyday.
8 pm, 24th day of Harvestide
ROFL :lol:
--James
"Cthulhu called, he wants his insanity back."

"Vulnerable and hot trumps paranoid most of the time."
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

I'd like to welcome a new member to the game, actingkeith, who will be playing Karl from the Marketstone smithy. Nice to have you on board Keith.

You should now be able to post to the forum (PM me if you have any difficulties). Please could you also upload Karl to the 'Character Roster' topic.
swirler

Post by swirler »

Welcome actingkeith!
--James

actingkeith

Post by actingkeith »

JoeCarr28 wrote:I'd like to welcome a new member to the game, actingkeith, who will be playing Karl from the Marketstone smithy. Nice to have you on board Keith.
Greetings all,

I've found this website and forum in mid-December, enjoyed reading the goings-on of this game, and decided to send Joe a character concept to be put on the wait list.

Yay me.

I've been a gamer since the late '70s. DnD with the original white books. I'm not a fan of what has become of DnD in the last 20 years, but when I found BFRPG... *sigh* Back to the basics. I couldn't be happier.

I have been earning my living in Hollywood as an actor and writer for nearly a decade now. Before that I was a network engineer.

Anyway, I hope you like Karl. He's a good man.

Nice meeting you.
- True might is measured in the good brought to others
swirler

Post by swirler »

actingkeith wrote:" 'cause everything's better with bacon on it..."
--James

SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

swirler wrote:
actingkeith wrote:" 'cause everything's better with bacon on it..."
I tell people this all the time! I have even tried tempura bacon (battered deep fried thick cut bacon) and now there is even bacon salt and bacon lip-balm. In the olden days of stove-cooked popcorn, my mother would utilize bacon grease instead of corn oil... mmmmm

Welcome aboard Keith. I have a feeling that Nivek and Karl will get along nicely!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
actingkeith

Post by actingkeith »

SmootRK wrote:I have a feeling that Nivek and Karl will get along nicely!
As do I. One of the reasons I love more basic gaming is that, because there's less monkeying around to do with rules and "optimizations" of characters... I get to spend more time makin' shit up. Hmm... I wonder if this board as its cussing filter active. Might have to get creative with spelling some things...

I'm glad to be here.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I don't think there are any cussing filters on. As long as we stay 'essentially family friendly', I don't think the occasional minor expletive matters.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
actingkeith

Traveling to Northridge...

Post by actingkeith »

Ok, so I've been looking at the facts and figures...

Based on Tannen's movement rate (if he's wearing his armor while marching), It'll take us 3 days to reach Northridge: 2 days at regular travel (6 miles/day), 1 day at forced march (9 miles/day).

Tannen's move is 10' (6 miles/day) everyone else's is 20' (12 miles/day) or better. If Tannen isn't wearing his armor, his move goes up to 20' even under the same load because to the restrictions of metal armor.

The reason I'm bringing this up in the OCC Chat is that the game is so new that I couldn't figure out (and I'm so new to the game that I didn't want to guess) whether this debate is something we want have in-character, or do we even want deal with "optimal travel configurations" at all.

My preference is to do this in-character because I think it's a great way to learn about and expose character background... for example, is this something that Tannen would know with his military experience? I know what Karl's opinion on the matter is, but I'll wait until this gets dealt with before I open up.