Out-of-Character Chat

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Iain_IF

Re: Out-of-Character Chat

Post by Iain_IF »

I do agree Alma is a goner if the party doesn't rescue her on this run. Plus the goblins' morale must be shot at this point. With two good arrow shots once you sight them the odds are pretty good that it would be 50/50 from then on. Or you could negotiate for her release and flee. I think if we cut and run we end up facing wolves with armored archer goblins coming after our encumbered, wounded party in the dark. Only Barnabus the bear would keep that from being very bad.

Worst thing that happens is we roll up new characters (assuming we haven't driven off JoeCarr with our antics).
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I am of the same thinking. There are demoralized. They just watched something like 6 or 7 of their people die in this last battle - two during their retreat. 3 of us still have 6 or more HP. yank back the curtain, pepper the room with arrows then call out for their surrender (nivek can teach us the word). We can reset the oil trap and if we find more than we can fight just turn and run at full speed. Set the fire trap alight as soon as we are through and make our escape.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Hywaywolf wrote:I am of the same thinking. There are demoralized. They just watched something like 6 or 7 of their people die in this last battle - two during their retreat. 3 of us still have 6 or more HP. yank back the curtain, pepper the room with arrows then call out for their surrender (nivek can teach us the word). We can reset the oil trap and if we find more than we can fight just turn and run at full speed. Set the fire trap alight as soon as we are through and make our escape.
Sounds like a good plan. Just remember that it is possible the Shaman wasn't lying and that this tribe of goblins has already 'on-sold' Alma to someone else.

I'm wondering if the dead goblin and wolf we found in the forest might have been an exhcange of Alma for cash gone wrong...? Maybe I over-think these things...? :)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Lets look behind the curtain and find out
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Hywaywolf wrote:Lets look behind the curtain and find out
Yes, lets.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Well, Nivek will continue questioning as long as we deem necessary, but as the real person behind the scenes, I think we ought to kill these goblins, then escape back to the druid hermit or back to town to unload treasure, resupply our rations, get a man-at-arms or two to act as porters/torch-bearers/guards. A good rest back to full HP/Spells would be ideal as well.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I'm all for killing them after we are done with them, but do you think we could use them to carry our less valuable supplies for at least one day? (then we can kill them) Also, I think we should rest the night in this cave so the injured folks can walk back rather than have to be carried. I suggest we finish up the search of this room, inspect the wolf room, kill it or give the wolf to the woodsman cleric. Then I will collect my goods from the throne room. And in the morning head back.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I can go with making the goblins march back to town, then letting the townies deal out the criminal executions (I expect such anyway). Resting overnight here could be dangerous though... perhaps better with Hermit-Druid and Bear. I think dragging a wolf back to druid is a nice touch; he can re-educate it.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

We'll probably get a bounty for the goblins back in town given how rare their sightings are. Remember how no one believed the farmer's tale of worg riders? Plus, Paladin is soft hearted and would feel bad about killing prisoners. He's been a prisoner himself and he's a firm believer of do onto others as they do onto you.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

The hermit seemed nice, but can we count on him being there and still being friendly? I don't know how dangerous this cave will be. There is already cages to lock the gobs in. The entrance has a trap we can reset and if anything attacks us that didn't come through the front entrance then we will know there is a secret door somewhere in here. I just don't like the idea of being hit by wandering monsters in the woods between the cave and the hermits place while carrying two injured folks, leading one or more dire wolves, guarding 3 gobs, and the rest of us being down on hps. In the morning everyone will be able to walk and fight (severely injured using range but not behind me :))