Out-of-Character Chat

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

_Silveredged

Re: Out-of-Character Chat

Post by _Silveredged »

Hywaywolf wrote: I am just going to react situationally and let others decide the big picture.
That's all I can do, too. Leo is a new member of the group and isn't about to introduce any new dance moves. He has to just follow everyone else until the tempo changes to something familiar for him.

So... yadda, yadda, yadda...
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Yo, Joe, when we check a room for pit traps and the like, do you check to see if we find any secret doors as well, or do you consider those to be two different searches?
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Hywaywolf wrote:Yo, Joe, when we check a room for pit traps and the like, do you check to see if we find any secret doors as well, or do you consider those to be two different searches?
In general, if you say you're going to search / check / investigate a room, I'll roll for all relevant aspects - traps, secret doors, illusions, or even just small details that might be hard to spot. It only seems reasonable to me that if you're examining an area closely, you might uncover something other than what you were originally searching for.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Thats what I assumed, but I wanted to make sure.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Also, just bear in mind the time implications ... a very detailed search such as that that would be required to find a secret door, trap, etc. takes one person 1 turn (10 mins) per 10' x 10' area.

If you just say that you're going to generally "search" a room, I'll assume that this is a less detailed check through desk drawers, cupboards, chests, etc. that will only uncover more obvious things. In this case, a general search of the entire room will take only 1 turn, but you won't find any secret doors, traps, etc.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Unless you are an elf who can detect a secret door 1/6th of the time just by walking by it.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

I'm working on the assumption that the weir gang (whose passwords we have) have been over-run and the fig leaf door is the beginning of the lantinis gang. Seems suspicious that this door isn't locked, but heh, we,ve got to keep moving. I'd rather not try and chat ith these guys and have them bring down the rest of their gang on us.