Out-of-Character Chat

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Birthright

Re: Out-of-Character Chat

Post by Birthright »

Gah! Seems we are a bit stuck on whether or how to proceed or not.

It is hard to gauge the merit of the offer (500gp) without any context. From the amount of treasure from the last adventure, 500gp is quite a lot of gold in this campaign. I'm all for going with the flow and just starting the adventure, with the current offer, but seems many of you want a big increase in cash or its a no-go. I'm not sure how the game is going to proceed if half the party take a walk and the rest take the offer and start the mission...

I don't think Joe (or Hall for that matter) is deliberately trying to screw the characters out of their 'just desserts'. I'm not sure what your guys' past experiences are, but 1st or 2nd level PCs virtually NEVER received rewards in the thousands of gold in any FTF game I've ever played in.. We have defeated a bunch of goblins and a gang of bandits - we are not 'players' on anyone's radar yet.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Birthright wrote:Gah! Seems we are a bit stuck on whether or how to proceed or not.

It is hard to gauge the merit of the offer (500gp) without any context. From the amount of treasure from the last adventure, 500gp is quite a lot of gold in this campaign. I'm all for going with the flow and just starting the adventure, with the current offer, but seems many of you want a big increase in cash or its a no-go. I'm not sure how the game is going to proceed if half the party take a walk and the rest take the offer and start the mission...

I don't think Joe (or Hall for that matter) is deliberately trying to screw the characters out of their 'just desserts'. I'm not sure what your guys' past experiences are, but 1st or 2nd level PCs virtually NEVER received rewards in the thousands of gold in any FTF game I've ever played in.. We have defeated a bunch of goblins and a gang of bandits - we are not 'players' on anyone's radar yet.
I am with you here.... I am sure the incidental rewards will be commensurate with what we ought to be getting.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

well come get the scardy cat that doughbert has become. he knows he is going to die because he always dies. He never hits and rarely gets missed. he wonders if this is really the profession he should be following. But he is also afraid to go into the street alone :). No pay is enough for him, but he'll follow along so as not to be left alone in the big scary city.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Oh come now, you know Mandross is always right there to keep you from bleeding to death.
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I think my job for now on will be to protect the wizard.
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

Wow, starting a dungeon run with half hit points. this will end well... :roll:
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

is there something we are waiting on? We're in the warren and.... do we need to roleplay walking down the street, or can we skip to the part where we get where we're going? I'm just wondering what the plan is here...
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

we are where we're going. There is a door in the wall that our guide pointed at and then left us. Doughbert scouted the street for observation spots and listened at the door and heard nothing. So I guess the question is do we knock and ask for the gem or do we try to sneak or force our way through the door or do we scout the alley looking for secret entrances that we won't know if its a secret entrance to the lair behind the door or a different lair altogether.

I think in the real world it would the height of foolishness to try to storm the lair by force with an unknown number of enemy (if they are enemy), no knowledge of the city, who is in power, who this gang is in league with, and many other unknowns. But this is a game so lets just try to open the door and sneak in or just slash and hack our way until either we are dead or we have the gem.
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

Well, I figured the simple plan of:
1) getting inside with the password
2) talking to someone in the weir gang to find the gem
3) get the gem
4) leave

Now, if they plan on keeping the gem, we'll have to fight them for it, but honestly, if its diseasing them all, you'd think they would want to be rid of it, toot sweet.

however, there HAS to be another player involved, other than Hall.... so it doesn't really matter: we have no idea what is going on or why because no one wants to tell us anything. all we DO know is that Hall wants the gem and the Wier gang supposedly has it....

we might as well just bumble on through, we don't have the time to make any other choice, Hall made that abundantly clear.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

lets hope the password works and the clues are inside. But I worrry that if the weir gang knows that Hall wants the gem and they don't want to deliver it, they aren't going to be happy to see us if we say we are from hall. But I am not planning this heist. I am just going to react situationally and let others decide the big picture.