Out-of-Character Chat

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Hywaywolf

Re: Out-of-Character Chat

Post by Hywaywolf »

Doughbert is having none of it. He doesn't want to go adventuring at all. Especially not when not only can you die and then rot, but you can also rot and then die. But make it 10,000 for the group and I might show up.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Birthright wrote:How much coin should we ask Hall for as a reward? Seems like he is in a hurry for this gem and we might be his only option.
Guys, lets all chip in on this topic OOC, so that our PCs don't contradict each other.
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

This is a sucky job, and I don't think we should take it without a much bigger payout and some heavy clerical support. The upside is a pittance in comparison to infectious disease and death by sharp items from a bandit gang able to take and hold this item. Plus, Hall needs this item but was willing to wait for days for us to show up from a different town. This says expendable to me. I think we should agree to the job, catch a boat north, and try to find the goblin lair for the druid.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

lets just catch a boat and head north. I don't want to rot.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Gee, talk about negative vibes guys! We have the box, just don't touch the gem if we find it. We definitely need to ask for more gold as payment, given the extra risk and the time constraints.m Hall must be fairly desperate! I say we aske for 1000gp and a written promise for payment of any and all clerical healing required as a result of the job...?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Yeah, I didn't exactly research what we got paid before I responded there. Niven would have had the correct figures (he's exceptional in his INT). But, I will abide how Joe wants to deal with that. I thought I was pumping up the figure, not cutting our wages. Lol
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

1000 gp was what we got paid last time as a rag tag bunch of unknown adventurers who didn't even know each other. Now we are an experienced team with a successful rescue on our resume. We aren't just bertie's boys to be handed out among friends. I say at least 2000 gp and 20 gp a day each plus healing.
Arehzo

Post by Arehzo »

I think 2000 and 20 sounds reasonable, especially since we've seen the effects of the gem first hand.

Gannicus, Human Fighter
BFRPG: Marketstone Campaign
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

I would certainly ask for more if he cannot at least provide introduction at a temple that could address the disease/curse concerns. 10/day is fairly reasonable, even in this town, but a higher payout for success would not be amiss.

If we cannot get quality pay, or health benefits, we should (sub rosa, possibly) introduce ourselves at a temple, note that we may be encountering nasty things, and offer our services to said temple for appropriate curatives. Though if we can find a Forge Lord or Master Loche temple (the latter being a titch more secretive, if present here), we may be able to work something out through our more clerical companions.

Mandross has been disturbingly quiet through all of this, and could easily step up with a counteroffer.

(mental note: When time allows, Mandross will try and get a few in the party to work on a rapid-fire cross-talking routine to pummel/overbear our 'mark' in negotiations. The fact that we don't have a proper spiel grates against his professionalism. Professional carney, but still...)
Go with a smile!
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

Financially, Leo has no input; his interests are purely practical: healing for those in need and info/time enough to carry out the desired task. He'll almost always defer the monetary side of things to others who are more interested, and thus better-suited, to the task.
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger