AA1.6 Introduction

A forum to play test using a Play - by - Post (PBP) format the Adventure Anthology series found on basicfantasy.org.

Moderator: Rosisha

Rosisha

AA1.6 Introduction

Post by Rosisha »

As you wander through the mountain passes, the sky darkens, and clouds come down from the mountains to hide the sun. A chilly wind begins to blow, and you shiver as the temperature drops. You continue to travel, looking for shelter, when the clouds finally let loose, and rain begins to pelt down at you, coldly splattering over your bodies.

What do you wish to do?

TAG PARTY!
greg

Re: AA1.6 Introduction

Post by greg »

As the rain begins to fall, Eran is glad he was able to find companions to cross the mountains with.

"Any chance of finding a cave in these mountains, Mr. Mumli?"
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

<Tauren>

Good idea.

Failing that, a mountain/hill/bluff positioned in the right direction to screen the wind and rain will do.
Mak

Post by Mak »

"Just call me Ty," was what Uldyneas Tyinar had said to each of his three companions when he had met them. Never one to make friends easily, Ty had come to realize that strength lay in numbers. Especially when one was, like him, a physically unimposing rogue trying to make his way in a harsh world.

Now, on a lonely mountain path in the midst of a storm, he finds himself glad of their company. It still is something of a mystery to him that the others accept his presence. Eran, the green-eyed stately Elf, was hundreds of years old... what could it possibly be like to live that long? Then there was the swarthy half-ogre walking at his side: another enigma, but a welcome enough one when traveling in dangerous lands. Ty figures that Tauren is worth four or five good men in a fight, and fully intends to leave most of that type of thing to the barbarian! Lastly, the dwarf druid Kogan was something of an anomaly too. Ty has always felt a great respect for those who devote their lives to a deity -- though it's something he realizes he could never do himself.

Ty pulls his cloak more tightly about his frail form as he listens to his companions discuss the likelihood of finding shelter. He tries to stop his teeth from chattering. Sickly since childhood, he knows it would do him no good to catch a cold. "I'm for seeking shelter now, too."
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

greg wrote:As the rain begins to fall, Eran is glad he was able to find companions to cross the mountains with.

"Any chance of finding a cave in these mountains, Mr. Mumli?"
"Unfortunately I do not believe there is any caves about in these mountains, however, there is a town not to far away that we could head towards. I believe the town is called Pineford."
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

"If the town is not too far, I would be amenable to continuing. If not..."

Tauren continues looking for good wind/rain breaks and any tree growth (if any is to be found) that would provide shelter from the rain.

<GM - what's the story on distance to town, and spotting of any form of shelter?>
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

<< You search for shelter, hoping for a cave, but you do find a grove of trees ahead which provide very good shelter, easy access to the road, and near a bubbly little brook of fresh water. >>

<< The town of Pineford, according to the last travelers you had encountered should still be up over the next rise, and then down into the valley. Easily a few hours in good weather, and in the approaching storm, it would be a dark and dangerous path.>>

<< What actions? I won't interfere in party discussion! >>
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"Well, since there is some trees off in the distance, I say we make camp there till the storm passes and we can figure out how far the town is," Kogan will say to the others. "What do you guys think?"
greg

Post by greg »

"I can't think of a better place to ride out a storm than a grove of trees."
Mak

Post by Mak »

"If there's no feather bed to be had tonight, then the trees will do. Unless there's lightning... then I'll take my chances in a ditch somewhere," mutters Ty.