AA1.6 Introduction

A forum to play test using a Play - by - Post (PBP) format the Adventure Anthology series found on basicfantasy.org.

Moderator: Rosisha

greg

Re: AA1.6 Introduction

Post by greg »

Eran moves to the opposite side of the campfire from the new arrival. With his back to the fire he scans the surroundings. He loosens his sword in its sheath and quickly thinks through his Sleep spell.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Since they are all getting up and moving around, Kogan will get his shortbow out and prepare it, however, doing it while still sitting at the fire, using the light of the fire to hide his actions while making sure he has a good shot on the stranger.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

The Stranger approaches, and enters the light... a young human lad! He seems nervous to see such large armed people, obviously expecting something more mundane. Eventually he gathers himself and nods slightly, "Greetings travelers." He starts, "My name is Kos, and I feel fortunate to have come across you tonight. Why, just some while ago, I left the village of Pineford, as my elders directed me, to search out those who are brave, and capable, to help us." He pauses and steps into the light, "Might I join you by the fire?"

He is obviously unarmed, and you feel no threat. He notices that you seem very prepared and he also thinks he has hit the jackpot. "My village is under siege." He pauses a moment, a look of pain crossing his young face. "Just this past day, our village priest was found, brutally murdered in the forest. Over the past weeks, sheep have disappeared from our flocks, and we fear for our lives. Before he died, our priest spoke of a great evil growing in the ancient forests, near the ruins of a forgotten temple. We are simple folk," he pleads, "not used to violence or war. Can you come to our aid?"

He looks at you hopefully, and pulls a small folded piece of vellum from his pocket. "This has all the details, including a very substantial award!" He holds out the paper.

A quick read shows that it basically contains the same message, though it also shows that the Weaver's Guild has put up a reward of 150 gold pieces, and there is a commentary about "Other Support" from the village Guild Masters.
Mak

Post by Mak »

Ty raises his eyebrows and looks questioningly at the other members of the party. He glances at the parchment, but it means little to him as he can barely read (a fact he generally makes every effort to conceal). OOC: INT 7!

"Sounds like it couldn't hurt to inquire further... and we could use a bit of shelter."

Probably it's just a bunch of wolves or feral dogs -- nothing ol' Kogan here couldn't handle in a trice, thinks Ty.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"I believe you're right, we can at least go to Pineford and find out. I'm pretty sure Pineford isn't to far away anyway. Heck I'm sure the reward couldn't hurt anything either." He says the last comment with a slight chuckle.
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

Tauren is eager to be accepted by human society, as always.

I would be happy to help. How long is it to the village, little one?

If it's just 1-3 hrs, I'll vote for trekking on and a drier place to sleep. If not, it will keep until morning, and I'll vote for Kos to sleep here.
greg

Post by greg »

"I agree. It sounds like a worthy cause."

OOC:
I'm with Tauren. If the village is close enough, let's go now.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

OOC: Okay, I'll rule that the village is about 5 hours away. I'll make one encounter roll if you decide to go for it, entirely up to you guys! :D
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

Unnggh. Tauren makes a displeased grunt at the distance, in which his usual attempts at sounding refined vanish briefly. Riding through soaked mountain passes at night? I'd rather rest and travel by day. Better to talk to villagers during the day than after midnight, anyway.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"Five hours walking in this mess, you must be off your rocker lad. It can wait till morning. The village elders that we must talk to will be asleep before we could get there anyway."