Chapter 0: A fresh start

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rookie555

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by Rookie555 »

"why yes, you may acquire the letter that Oldwin has left in the house. it's up to you which direction you go as you enter my master's home. Many things have been unchanged, but others have come into this house to either cause harm or not." She says
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zill says to the cat "Thank you ever so much my friend for your help. If you are concerned for your own safety here you are welcome to accompany us. I shall take great care in keeping you from harm should you chose to come".

Zill will bow to the helpful pet and turn to the others and recite verbatim what he learned.
"We should perhaps look for this letter. it should tell us more about Oldwin's where-abouts. There is likely danger in this house it seems however. Lead on Grimlar, whichever door you prefer".
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar seems mildly confused by a cat that can talk - such things are strange to him. However, he takes what he has been told about the cat's warnings and cryptic messages and looks at the keys. He wants to examine them and see what they tell them. "My instincts tell me we should choose the door ahead - for the surest path is the one straight forward. But I fear my instincts might fall short where cats speak in Elvish tongues!" He chuckles and lifts the keys up to the light.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

CptClyde wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:42 pm Zill says to the cat "Thank you ever so much my friend for your help. If you are concerned for your own safety here you are welcome to accompany us. I shall take great care in keeping you from harm should you chose to come".

Zill will bow to the helpful pet and turn to the others and recite verbatim what he learned.
"We should perhaps look for this letter. it should tell us more about Oldwin's where-abouts. There is likely danger in this house it seems however. Lead on Grimlar, whichever door you prefer".
The cat purrs and says "I'm glad to help, I may wish to come along since I only would be alone as usual without Oldwin around. Though whenever you lot are done. I shall wait by the tree here in the dome. Good luck to you."
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zill quietly waits for the party to decide which door to take and will politely leave a small piece of meat from his rations for the cat before they leave the room.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

(OOC: Can I get a description of the keys? I need to figure out how my dude will react to the key situation)
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

{Deckard pale as though having seen a ghost and vastly perplexed by the current events yet overly enamored as well}

"Say Zill? In your conversation with the... Talking cat... Did it mention why it can talk? Was it of unholy means?"
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

(OOC: sure thing Rosisha, for Grimlar he carries 4 sets of keys in different hues of color. Which the dull looking key was for the entrance of oldwin's house if ever to enter in the first time. The other keys are for each of the doors from 3 directions. Which one is in a clean sliver color, with no scratches and smooth in detail. Another key is engraved in a greenish tone that has a special design with a leaf crafted in the middle of the bow, along with other patterns of lines and curves. Lastly this gold key oddly has a eye shaped bow carved and the rest of the key is normal.)
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zilljan replies to Deckard in his typical, overly verbose method
"I did not specifically ask but I suspect the cat is either a magically imbued creature, a person in cat form or perhaps a fae cat from a different plane. I have read about such things but have zero working knowledge in such matters and would be unable to verify any claims the creature may have anyhow, so perhaps it best we do not ask at this point. It may also be quite rude to just ask someone 'how is it that you can talk?' when it is perfectly reasonable that they should talk ...... at least in their own eyes......."
and Zill's words sort of trail off into self mumblings as his eyes examine the room interior.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Assuming that Grimlar shows the keys around with the GM's description, Taply will recommend using the green key as it seems more thematic for a Druid.