Chapter 0: A fresh start

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rosisha

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by Rosisha »

Grace takes a few moments to go through the proper funeral rituals. While she may not be touched by the Gods, she takes her duties as their representative seriously. She stands for a few moments going through each of the death prayers on her prayer beads. She looks up as she finishes and turns to Taply. She nods, "That seems like the best way - though might I suggest we move cautiously even if the hallways appear safe?"
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zill says "I'll follow your lead"
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

OOC: We're still waiting for a "door unlocked and opened with key" moment right?
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Deckard looks on curiously trying to gain an understanding of their surroundings

"Most peculiar is this place. Soon I may not know what is up or down at this rate."
daryen

Post by daryen »

If Grace thinks that she has a lead we need to take advantage of now, Taply is more than willing to wait on trying his door experiment. If no one else thinks it's worth trying, he is also willing to let it go to continue on.

Taply is flexible that way.

Also, if we continue past the battlefield, he'll grab his failed arrows if they are sitting around. Waste not, want not.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Rosisha wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:58 pm OOC: We're still waiting for a "door unlocked and opened with key" moment right?
OCC: much decided. Well im guessing now which door shall be open is the 2 doors from left or top?

The party will continue from where they had started off. Which returning to the the room, the cat sits in the middle seeing that you arrive as she was sleeping. She speaks in common "ah welcome back, I see some new guests have arrive too in Oldwin's house." As the dwarf bows and introduces himself to the cat. While the rest of the party will respond to the cat as well. Taply will take the set of keys that Grimlar had and attempt to use em on one of the doors
daryen

Post by daryen »

Taply wants to use the key on the middle door (the one he has already opened twice) and then open it again.

Does it look the same or different?
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

You use one of the key's to open the middle door, after knowing that the times you opened the door without one. You see that as you put it through the key hole. it opens, the atmosphere changes as it is more filled with light than being dark entirely. All you see is a long hallway, but this time now their is no direction from the left side as it almost looks non-existent. Which you do see then by limited vision a door all the way about 100' feet.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Taply looks in the room and says, "Well, that's different."

He'll step back so everyone can get a better view.

Once everyone that wants a view gets it, he'll close the door, take out the key, and open it again.

Based on our first door, he's guessing that the view should now stay consistent until he tries another key. (On the other door, we used a key to "set" where it opened, and when we came back it was still "set" there. If we try another key in that door, we'll probably get something completely new.)
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Deckard will step forward to inspect past the door

"Why this is a madhouse and some kind of funhouse labyrinth. Abus give me strength and patience as I feel mine is wearing thin."