Chapter 0: A fresh start

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rookie555

Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by Rookie555 »

The party has formed to explore the lands of the unknown. A druid named Taply Tripleaf, a magic-user named Zilljan Greywater, Grimlar Bright-fist the fighter and Deckard Rhyn the cleric. They all arrive in the morning upon getting settled down in the village's Inn called the Sleepy Bear. After they all have become relaxed. Another person comes in to talk with the Innkeeper about a halfing druid that ever came in today. She points to where the party now see the person approach and politely says "Mind if I take a seat with you folks? perhaps you would like to hear what I wish to ask all of you and the druid as well".
daryen

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by daryen »

Taply takes a quick look between his new companions looking for an objections. Seeing none, he looks back to the newcomer, and motions for them to pull up a seat. He is interested in why someone would be specifically looking for such a junior druid.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zill sits quitely and leans in to listen to what the newcomer has to say.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Deckard leans back in his chair, reaches up and grasps his holy symbol hanging from his neck and nods to Taply
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar smiles brightly and gestures towards an available chair, "Welcome and well met stranger!" He begins, his voice full of warmth "Please join us and explain what brings you seek our friend here!" He smiles at Taply. He stands slightly to bow as he gestures, polite and welcoming. He is sure this stranger could become a friend, and gestures towards the barkeep to signal for a drink. "Please, allow me."
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

The individual gladly appreciates the seat and offer of a drink "why thank you lot, now I'm sure you folks are new around here or have been around doing work together I would think? Though as to why I ask about the druid in your group, Apparently a while back we had another druid who used to live in the woods near our village. Unfortunately, we haven't heard from him since and ever so we wondered what happened to the folks near the woods. These days dread almost creeps around us slowly as we wake ourselves at night. As we feel the natural world itself feels its dying, but we just happen to not sense it ourselves because of its connection." He then kind of looks to the rest of the group and says "Perhaps if you folks aren't busy could help me find him or at least check his home?"
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zilljan regards the figure with silent empathy towards his request and is intrigued by this news of mysterious happenings. His thoughtful eyes fall to his halfling companion as he says "my dear companion, I shall be readily at your side should you wish to accept this request."
As he sits back in his chair to await further discussion he lights a long thin pipe and once again returns to silent thought.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar is visibly saddened by the news of a creeping dread and the lost Druid and possible other folks who had lived close to the land, much like his lost family. He too offers his support to Taply, "You know I am up for the challenge. Evil must be confronted with courage and force!" His fist bumps the table, "It's the only language it understands." He nods confidently.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Do you mind if I ask perhaps what the name of this missing druid may be? I wish to ask the gods to bless them for protection.
daryen

Post by daryen »

I would be happy to look for my missing brother. Please tell us more.