Chapter 0: A fresh start

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rookie555

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by Rookie555 »

Rosisha wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:07 am Grace holds up the cloak. It feels different from what she would normally wear. She decides to try it on, to see if it will fit and see if anything happens.
You try on the cloak. Which as you do, the party will suddenly see that you turn invisible and almost seem you blend in with the environment. This happens to be an elf cloak left in this house.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

daryen wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:23 am Taply is still curious about the window. Since it appears possible, he will try to open it, at least a little. (I am assuming it isn't latched or anything that makes it look like it is holding something back.)

Also, anything about the stone? (I only ask because it was highlighted.)
You open the window to find yourself catching the fresh air from outside and know much of the ambiance from the world is heard. Also checking the stone there really isn't nothing special about it, but perhaps knowing someone had used a sling to break the window. The reason to draw attention from outside and likely see what did it.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Since the stone is obviously not the Druid's, he'll keep the stone. He closes the window and returns to the rest of the party as Grace shows off her new cloak. To that he says, "Do remember that if Oldwin is still alive, that's still his cloak. If he asks for it back, you'll need to give it to him."

Turning to Zill, he asks, "Have you found any leads?"
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grace nods, "Of course, but if it helps us find him and keep him safe, I doubt he'll begrudge me the momentary use of it. I'm a Sister of Mercy, not a common thief!" She smiles at the end to take the sting out.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zill reads what he found to the party and shows them the map. Zill will pocket both for now.
Rookie555 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:37 pm A map is drawn of some treasure not picked up at all and gives a direction to find this area. While you don't notice that yet, You read the text in elvish and translate it to common:

"this forest, these animals and friends. A curse has never before been around for a long time and now becomes noticeable outside my home. the Elves have come to investigate this matter on why this happens now. Their answer then lie in something I did not wish to recall when it existed. The catacombs that have been built for the Lord of the Undead named Tarus. I never wished to hear this name again, but the elves will go and rid of this sickness that continues to damage the nature. So I abandon my hope to awaken myself to the darkness of the dead. If only Tarus ever listened back then..."

Which Zill that is the last time he writes something. All else has faded sentence and text.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Taply says, "So, where to next? We still have three doors and three keys and several combos we can try."
daryen

Post by daryen »

Further note:

If I remember correctly, the long corridor between Oldwin's room and the entry door basically has a wall on our (now, going back to the first door) left. To our right is an open expanse we can't see any end to. Assuming that is all correct, ...

When we head back to the door, just before we get back to the door, Taply will say, "Hold on a moment. I am curious again ..."

At that, he takes out the stone he picked up by the window in Oldwin's room and tosses it as far as he can into the "open" side of the corridor. Does it hit anything? (He waits until we are basically at the door in case this wakes something up.)
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

yeah if you were to walk back to the corridor and giving the 'what if' to go the left side of the door. Of course, when you use the green key, you only see straight ahead and just seeing Oldwin's room.

Which taply, you take the stone from the ground in his room. you throw it across the corridor and you don't expect anything dangerously happen after throwing it. You just see the stone hit the ground.
daryen

Post by daryen »

That's cool.

Back in the foyer, Taply says, "Which key and which door do we try next?" With that he wiggles his fingers waiting to know which key to select.

After a minute or two, he also adds, "Well, we could just try the different doors with the gold key and just see what we can in each one. Kinda take a quick peek before making a definitive selection."

OOC: He'll check conditions first to see if it is conducive to using the silver key before trying to use it. If someone suggests it anyway, he'll point out the risk of breakage. (Unless, of course, the light is correct for its usage.)
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grace, wearing her new very comfortable cloak, thinks for a moment considering all the doors. "Well, we know you guys encountered something dangerous down there" she points to the first door the group tried. "And we know what's behind this one. I say let us go with the only one left." She points to the last door and waves her hand to encompass it.