Chapter 0: A fresh start

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

CptClyde

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by CptClyde »

Knowing we lack a theif in the party, Zilljan will whisper to Grimlar:
"Do you see anything suspicious at the junction point where the hallways split? Any traps in the walls or floor perhaps? I hear chatter further down the hallways and they may have set a trap here to warn them."

Zill will attampt to use his high INT to see if he see anything dangerous as well, while holding his lantern up and trying to be as quiet as possible.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Taply will quietly say, "They likely have darkvision. The presence of the light has probably already given us away." When he gets the chance he will also attempt to look down both the dead end and the opposing hallway before proceeding straight ahead after Grimlar and Zilljan.

Taply will try to use his WIS for his perception attempts.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar pauses and waits to hear from his companions if they feel the way is safe.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

(OCC: just a moment for me to pull up your character sheets. draft from 4/21/21. The results rolled from yesterday 4/20/21)

[Results]
CptClyde wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:08 pm Zill will attampt to use his high INT to see if he see anything dangerous as well, while holding his lantern up and trying to be as quiet as possible.
Alright Zill you try to seek out any dangers from ahead and keeping a low profile from the figures from the hallway. Though from looking at your surroundings the only unsafe area is straight ahead.
daryen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:36 pm Taply will try to use his WIS for his perception attempts.
you check both the dead end and along the opposing hallways. Which there you don't think both left and right sides are not dangerous. all that is worrying is straight ahead

Though to the left side as both Zilljan and Taply check. There may be no danger from what they think. The dead end contains miscellaneous items and supplies kinda like a pantry of some sort. There are barrels and crates that are set there.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

"It appears safe to my eyes. Before we face combat, may I squeeze closer to the back?"
Zill will attempt to slide back towards last position.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Taply quietly says, "I don't see anything down the right side corridor. We can check out the supplies in the dead end later. It seems a natural place for a secret door."
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

(OCC: Alright i'm guessing combat is too occur if that is the choice. So then Zilljan will decide to move next too taply and deckard to keep their distance and Grimlar is firmly upfront, first we shall see if these figures are expecting the unknown.)

The shadowy figures suddenly move towards the light as knowing Zilljan moves away from Grimlar. All that Grimlar could see is only the slightest of detail from these figures when the light moves away from his vision. Though knowing movement coming from them is closer, Grimlar starts to finally see that with at least a bit of moonlight, but not at all perfect to know who is who.

He sees the scales of a reptile and the very likes of a dog-like face. A Kobold is seen as it draws out a short-sword with leather armor. There it also shows 7 other kobolds approaching from the back.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

"Oh dear" whispers Zill under his breath as he wishes he had of gotten the chance to learn that "sleep" spell he's heard so much about.
Zill will ready a flask of oil and ask Dekhard and Taply if they care to light a torch as well for use with the oil I will attempt to throw on them.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar smiles. Traps. Magic cats. Silly keys and doors. These are not his realm. A kobold with a sword? Ah! This is HIS realm. There is but one response when the threat of steel is brandished - and that's to meet steel with steel! Grimlar lifts his axe in a salute to a worthy foe and steps forward to engage! "My soul is prepared for death scum!" he shouts, "How are yours?" And on the yours he brings the axe down against the creature in front of him. Grimlar is in his element. He is happy, and begins to sing a warsong of his people.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Grimlar launches an attack against the kobold with the sword. The song he sings brings him an energetic spirit and his will to fight. Though as he swings his axe against the kobold. it steps back with enough time to dodge the axe head from cleaving it's skull. This sets Grimlar to expose himself to be attack from his opponent.

Initiative: Round 1

Kobold group: 2
Grimlar: 1 (this is for the 2nd round)
Taply: 5
Zilljan: 5
Deckard: 6

modifier will adjust as needed.