Out of Character chat

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rookie555

Re: Out of Character chat

Post by Rookie555 »

Sorry for a late reply, I couldn't type on my laptop and was distracted with something else but now I can. though it can be noted as for what the "space" looks like. you folks are near the ruined houses and the goblins are a bit far as they guard the entrance. I want to roughly imagine from how far you are able to shoot goblins is 70' feet. They aren't in cover and aren't blocked for range weapons to be able to hit them. Well of course ya folks are near the houses and much of the site of a long ago battle. I'm guessing though there is a plan in action?

Edit: Also GM Fiat isn't something I haven't learned or mastered yet. So I can't really say, But if we do engage in combat we just stick to what I've posted in the rules topic and much of the core book.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I tihink we're all in position and ready to make attack rolls once you decide how you'd like to proceed with that. If we are in ear shot I'd like to listen to the goblin conversation in case they say anything useful before we strike though.
I here by sink one of my bonus languages into "goblin", and the other into "Elven" perhaps. It that is okay by you Mr. GM. If not, I'll take whatever languages you suggest.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

CptClyde wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:58 pm I tihink we're all in position and ready to make attack rolls once you decide how you'd like to proceed with that. If we are in ear shot I'd like to listen to the goblin conversation in case they say anything useful before we strike though.
I here by sink one of my bonus languages into "goblin", and the other into "Elven" perhaps. It that is okay by you Mr. GM. If not, I'll take whatever languages you suggest.
Ah I see, okay I'll allow you to take those languages if you wish. I wouldn't think there will be multiple humanoids and other creatures with the tongue they speak. I have the setting formed to what I can suggest to you what is possible.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I keep things simple and stick with Elven and Goblin languages then. I should have chosen them earlier. Sorry.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Rookie555 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:45 pmAlso GM Fiat isn't something I haven't learned or mastered yet. So I can't really say, But if we do engage in combat we just stick to what I've posted in the rules topic and much of the core book.
Well, I guess GM Fiat can mean the GM just makes it up as they go and doesn't even need to roll any dice. But, I was rather thinking of having you just roll any required dice on our behalf would be fine by me, unless there is something you really want us to roll on our own. (Or, I suppose, something one of us really wants to roll on our own.)
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Ah I see, well I can handle much of the rolling if it helps to ease the game through a pbp game. So I'll handle whatever stuff has to be rolled and given to you folks. Im just not wanting to feel I'm not doing well for this.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Yep I have no problem with you handling the rolling. I'm just waiting to find out if we have surprise, and what is the result of my charge. I don't mean to speak out of turn, but I think this is what we are doing:

1. If we have surprise, we're going to spend round 1 firing arrows and Grimlar will charge in.
2. If we don't have surprise, we're still firing our arrows and sling stones, but Grimlar's charge will probably meet some resistance.

Do I have that right? I kind of feel like we're stuck on what to have happen next :D
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Rosisha wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:16 pm Yep I have no problem with you handling the rolling. I'm just waiting to find out if we have surprise, and what is the result of my charge. I don't mean to speak out of turn, but I think this is what we are doing:

1. If we have surprise, we're going to spend round 1 firing arrows and Grimlar will charge in.
2. If we don't have surprise, we're still firing our arrows and sling stones, but Grimlar's charge will probably meet some resistance.

Do I have that right? I kind of feel like we're stuck on what to have happen next :D
I believe that is what ya guys are planning. Grimlar attempts to charge towards the goblins and while he prepares, the others step back and make preparation to take out the two goblins which one takes each of them from distance. So surely that is the intended plan unless any other thoughts pop up? I'll get on tomorrow morning to check up if you folks commit to the original plan.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Well I'll gladly look over The Unseen Servant website and check it out as well.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

For sure!

I'd say the order of operations is as follows:
1. Check to see if we have surprise

IF YES:
2. If surprise is yes, archers (arrows and slings) will open fire.
3. Grimlar will delay to till the last segment of the round, then charge in
3.A. Grimlar wants to body slam, with his shield, the goblin on the left, into the wall.

IF NO:
2. Grimlar and team will roll init
3. Actions as described above will take place as the dice roll
4. Goblins will get to respond

I think that about sums up the situation!