Out of Character chat

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

CptClyde

Re: Out of Character chat

Post by CptClyde »

daryen wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:14 pm I just want to be clear: are we no longer looking for Oldwin and simply going to explore his weird little cottage?

The other thing I want to make sure of, is that it sounds like Oldwin has left. If that's true, are we going to try and follow him? Or am I misreading things and he hasn't left after all? (I.e. he thought that the elves had things going for him, and he is actually still "here" somewhere. Potentially still in trouble, but somewhere within this abode.) Because him never having left makes sense, too. He didn't have his keys, and I doubt he would have left them behind. So, I could be misunderstanding things.
Yes this is a good point. Story wise it may make sense to head out and try to follow and track down Oldwin, and I am okay with that if the majority wishes to do so. But I am intrigued about this house "dungeon" setup and curious what is going on here and thinking it may be a good place to start in learning more about Oldwin and gain some experience as we are still new at this adventuring thing. Also,if we can clear out his home he'd be very gratefull once we DO catch up to him. So I selfishly vote dungeon crawl!! :D
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grace's reasoning for staying in the dungeon would be as follows:

1. We have already found important details and threats towards him here.
2. There could be more important details or threats elsewhere in the building.
3. Leaving would mean a potential solid base of operations would be vulnerable AND be a threat - as we move forward, we'd have to look backwards.

Basically, we don't want to run off half-cooked. Grace would advice caution - action without forethought is wasted.
daryen

Post by daryen »

I'll go either way.

If we stay, then Taply is going to just assume he misunderstood and that Oldwin is still here somewhere and the elves are the ones going out to solve the bigger problem.

BTW, do we get any experience for finding Oldwin's room? I think everyone wants that second level to get at least a teeny bit more survivable, so any progress towards that is great. :D
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

daryen wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:56 am BTW, do we get any experience for finding Oldwin's room? I think everyone wants that second level to get at least a teeny bit more survivable, so any progress towards that is great.
Hehe indeed, i'll take a look back to the combat from the goblins and kobolds that you all encountered. Which adding XP from them dead/retreat and also every adventure's mission 'completed'. I'll go over this after im off work today and get the chance to survive :D

100 flat xp value is for oldwin's house because of exploration. The 10% bonus applies for humans as normal. This does not get split based on PCs in the party. So everyone gets it.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Ok so far looking over 8 kobolds encountered and just realizing 2 goblins were fought too. So 5 were slain and 3 were alive with the kobolds. 50xp from the dead and 30xp to the last 3. Then the 2 goblins are 20xp. 100xp is the total from this adventure that had started. I will ya know I was planning to use gold = xp rules, but I'm concerned for that much gold found.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Was that 100Xp each?
Did we find any gold? I don't remember any.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

yeah I don't think ya folks found gold yet in oldwin's house. But yes, 100xp for the adventure's quest and 100xp total from the encounters with monsters, but of course the monster's xp total will be divided by the party
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Does this cover Grace as well? She would only get 110XP for the room?
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

yes it'll cover Grace apart of it too
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Erm... Hello? I wasn't sure if Rookie was going to keep this a secret or wait a little bit and make an announcement or waiting for me to introduce myself...
Rookie said I could join the party. I wasn't completely where or when to introduce my character and backup character (after reading through the rules page I just realised that Necromancer isn't on the class list that Rookie allowed so I can't play my backup character)
So I thought I would do it here

I am Dredge, a dwarves cleric of the Healing Deity (if there isn't a deity that has been made yet, she is the goddess known as Kyra). He used to be a pirate, but after an operation went wrong he redeemed himself and decided to heal people and not have them led astray...
Nice to meet you all
Is it the dice against you or you against the dice?