Moderator: Rookie555

daryen

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by daryen »

Taply enters with the rest.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

The party proceeds further inside into the house and suddenly a cat comes from a small bush in the dome room. the cat then speaks in Elvish "mmm, is master home or are these visitors here to stay for a day?" she then sits and sees you all enter the place. The cat hues a grayish fur and with blue eyes, the stomach area hues a bit of white fur, but may be unnoticeable from the light of the house.

(OCC: Marching order alright with folks? pretty much in order: Grimlar, Zilljan, Taply and last Deckard.)

"surely if you confidently wish to proceed inside his house. those keys are the answer, but each key is a wrong or right answer."

Grimlar you carry the keys that you got from the goblin and each key, which about 4, but one was the entrance. They are not at all the same engraving, but the doors are not different in appearance.
Attachments
20210411_095252.jpg
20210411_095252.jpg (5.42 MiB) Viewed 3084 times
daryen

Post by daryen »

Two things:

- I forgot to mention that Taply would grab his two spent arrows on the way in if they are obvious and unbroken. (No searching. Just grabbing if they are there.) If it's too late, it's too late.

- Taply will say, "Did anyone understand the cat?"
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

daryen wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:58 am I forgot to mention that Taply would grab his two spent arrows on the way in if they are obvious and unbroken. (No searching. Just grabbing if they are there.) If it's too late, it's too late.
yeah I'll say that you checked before heading into the house further in. you check that your two arrows are fine and unbroken
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar, who doesn't speak Elvish, looks at the cat in confusion. "Did I just hear a cat speak?! What manner of sorcery is this?! And what language was that?" He hasn't yet looked at the keys not understanding that the keys are special yet. He has tucked them into a belt pouch. He puts the cat to the back of his mind for a moment, the room is obviously empty and he eyes the three doors. To those who can't see, he comments loudly enough to be heard: "I see three doors, a cat speaking musical gibberish, and not much else. Seems safe enough."
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zilljan will attempt to squeeze in and kneel beside the cat and speak with it in Elven (I had ealier committed to knowing Elven and Goblin languages).
I say the cat "Hello my fair feline friend, can you tell me how many sleeps your master Oldwin has been gone? We fear he is in danger and wish to help. Are there dangers in this house?"
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

CptClyde wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:07 pm Zilljan will attempt to squeeze in and kneel beside the cat and speak with it in Elven (I had ealier committed to knowing Elven and Goblin languages).
I say the cat "Hello my fair feline friend, can you tell me how many sleeps your master Oldwin has been gone? We fear he is in danger and wish to help. Are there dangers in this house?"
(indeed i remember your selected languages) Zilljan kneels and speak elvish to the cat and with much confusion with the rest of the party to no knowledge of a speaking cat. The cat chuckles in a gentle manner and says in Elf "Ah yes, master oldwin hasn't been seen for.. well for how much I could only remember. He was last seen doing his usual business outside the house with other Rangers of the forest and in relation with the temple. hmm.. maybe after the 5th week he looked pale as if he saw a ghost and said 'there is something I have to handle myself, please watch the place for me!' which this place has been quiet. Though some visitors seem to be here, but rather an oddball to why they are here."

She pauses as thinking what she wants to say more "Now I recall during my slumber there are dog-like chatters and light tip toeing around the house. There might also be flutters of wings and dust of magic around here.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I turn to the others and explaing that I certainly do not speak cat, however this peculiar creature seems to speak Elven. I tell them exactly what the cat told me.

I then politely ask the cat which way Oldwin went.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

CptClyde wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:22 pm I turn to the others and explaing that I certainly do not speak cat, however this peculiar creature seems to speak Elven. I tell them exactly what the cat told me.

I then politely ask the cat which way Oldwin went.
The cat takes a bit to think and looks to Zilljan "Oldwin would've traveled to the big city of Valenor. Which he always goes that way. Though when I've strolled around the house, he seemed to prep for a lot of things and rushed to the other Rangers for the location. there was a delicate letter in his room which might've been from the officials of Valenor of what they've found. Which then he left all of what he did here in his house."
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

"Do you mind if we take a look for this letter you speak of?"