Adventures in Ravenstone [IC]

Explore the Northern continent of the Westernlands Campaign
starting in the city of Ravenstone. A city of greed and corruption,
where adventure and danger lurk. The city and the lands around it provide ample opportunity for anyone brave enough to chance it.

Moderator: bhyeti

bhyeti

Re: Adventures in Ravenstone [IC]

Post by bhyeti »

Modric wrote:OOC- What does Vrak see and observe in the seedier bar?
The tavern is the "Kraken's Den", a watering hole for sailors, stevedores and ne'er do wells. You make sure your back is against the wall and the exit in sight as you slide into a chair at an empty table. Groups of customers are at tables and the rest at the bar. You make small conversation with each other, straining to hear what the others are saying. A serving wench makes her way to the table, looking like she's spent all her time in the bilge. "What it'll be, mates?"
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

((Sorry for absence, internet was out for a few days where I was.))

Glancing up to see the bar, Benn knew it all too well. Oh, he knew this place all too well alright. "Mind your P's and Q's. Last thing we need is a shiv in the kidney and a toss out to water."

Taking his place, Benn hopes his disguise, for what it was worth, was good enough to hide his appearance since he owed a small debt to someone who came to the tavern often. Keeping his head low, he scratches at his neck in a ruse to press in on his throat to help alter his voice some. "Ale."
Working on - The Fallen City & The Baroness of Blood
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Rudolfo, Darius and Stephan enter the Crow's Nest, a more upscale tavern where the barmaids have all their teeth and body parts. As the three sit down, a barmaid saunters by, "What'll you have, gentlemen?"

Gombuk orders a beverage made from fruits and spices.
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Meanwhile Benn and Vrak are enjoying their drinks and enjoying the fringe benefits of their job. Several people come and go but nothing interesting has been said.

A cleric walks in with his acolytes and admonishes the crowd for awhile. Your ears perk up at the mention of freeing slaves. The entourage is finally made to leave after aggravating the patrons.

Both of you thinks it's a good idea to follow them.
MD5

Post by MD5 »

Zero gives the barmaid a sneaky grin. "Ahh, I'll have the same as my boss here. Is this place always so quiet? we're merchants in town and are always looking to network with others, if you know what I mean?"
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Tam orders ale and seats himself such that he has a good view of the entire room.

"Say, Rudolfo, are you looking for somebody in particular?"
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

MD5 wrote:Zero gives the barmaid a sneaky grin. "Ahh, I'll have the same as my boss here. Is this place always so quiet? we're merchants in town and are always looking to network with others, if you know what I mean?"
"About this time of day? Yes it's pretty quiet It will be busy in a few."

As she speaks patrons are starting to trickle in.

"What are your wares? I could introduce you to some of the merchants."
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Rhialto wrote:Tam orders ale and seats himself such that he has a good view of the entire room.

"Say, Rudolfo, are you looking for somebody in particular?"
"Not really, we'll see if some of them rant and rave. If they touch upon particular topics, we follow them and pay attention to whom they meet. Sort of a "Let's see how far this thing goes."

"It could get very interesting."
MD5

Post by MD5 »

bhyeti wrote:
MD5 wrote:Zero gives the barmaid a sneaky grin. "Ahh, I'll have the same as my boss here. Is this place always so quiet? we're merchants in town and are always looking to network with others, if you know what I mean?"
"About this time of day? Yes it's pretty quiet It will be busy in a few."

As she speaks patrons are starting to trickle in.

"What are your wares? I could introduce you to some of the merchants."
“That would be great of you, we dabble in many things and have access to very rare items. We have many accociates we deal with on a supply and demand type of deal!”
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Tam is content to watch and listen, given that probably nothing else is expected of a bodyguard.