Chapter 8: Councils of War

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Nazim

Re: Chapter 8

Post by Nazim »

I hope to do this without revealing anything essential to the others. Just some RP between art and his captors.

Meanwhile, Art decides to test the leniency of his captors. He tries to get the attention of one of the germans he has not yet spoken to, and points to his mouth and tummy. He then mimed drinking a glass of water. He wasn't that hungry, but he sure was thirsty.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"Anything else that needs to be done sir, or should I try and get some rest as well?" Tommy will say to the Captain.

If the Captain tells Tommy to get some rest, that is what he will do. Go straight to his quarters, take off his gun belt and empty his pockets of everything, but will remain in the clothes he has on so he can be ready at a moments notice.

If the Captain tells Tommy to do something else, that is what he will do.
Ahlmzahad

Post by Ahlmzahad »

Will will provide any info he can, then go and try to get some rest.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:"Yes sir, I'll head for the crows nest. If I see the deck gun from the u-boat fire I'll be sure to let you know."

Simon take the rifle and heads out, doing the various procedures to be sure the running lights are off. Before heading to the crows nest, Simon will locate some binoculars and then drop by the galley for some coffee and whatever food he can scrounge up.
Simon found one of the cooks cleaning up, who was able to provide him with hot coffee and cold leftovers; he took them, along with the freshly cleaned Karabiner 98k rifle. The Karabiner 98k, a five round bolt action rifle, seemed to be in pretty good shape. Simon regretted he would not have an opportunity to sight in the rifle, but he knew that you did what you had to in war. Fortunately, the German sailor had an ammo pouch with fifteen rounds of ammo in it; the gun itself still held two rounds, so as soon as he had it clean, Simon had fully loaded it.

Settling himself in the Crow's Nest, Simon carefully propped the rifle against the bulkhead and turned his attention to the food.
crazycrypt wrote:"Anything else that needs to be done sir, or should I try and get some rest as well?" Tommy will say to the Captain.

If the Captain tells Tommy to get some rest, that is what he will do. Go straight to his quarters, take off his gun belt and empty his pockets of everything, but will remain in the clothes he has on so he can be ready at a moments notice.
"Take a break, Mister Mansel. I'll be wanting you on the ground again soon, but in the meantime, if you can rest, do so."
Ahlmzahad wrote:Will will provide any info he can, then go and try to get some rest.
Will met Lily in the passenger corridor. "Oh, Will," she said, "is it true? Did they really kidnap Artie?"

As Will considered his reply, he heard, or perhaps felt, the muted sound of the great engines starting.

Nazim, I'm not ignoring you, I just can't let your part of the story get any further ahead. I WILL get back to you soon.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Solomoriah wrote:Nazim, I'm not ignoring you, I just can't let your part of the story get any further ahead. I WILL get back to you soon.
No worries. I'm following all of this.
Ahlmzahad

Post by Ahlmzahad »

"Lilly, I'm afraid so. But we and the villagers are going to do everything we can to get him back. Also, I don't think he's in immediate danger. The German's were trying to get him, so they must have figured out he was the one who could talk to the natives. Chin up girl he's going to be alright, and probably come out of this with a good tale." Will says to the singer.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"Oh, I hope so," she replied, but Will could see she was still very worried. After a moment she continued, "Mister Vance isn't doing very well, and it seems we don't have a doctor aboard. Vedette Silvani is a nurse, thank God, and she's tending to him, but it's not looking good. Oh, you don't know Vedette, do you? She and her husband Carlo came aboard for their honeymoon."

Up in the Crow's Nest, Simon had just finished his midnight snack when the phone rang. "Mister Lars," came the voice of the Captain, "do look out and tell me if you can see the other village ahead. I think I'm seeing it, but I don't want to ascend for a better look for fear they'll pick us out against the stars."

Looking forward, Simon was pretty sure he could see the village in the moonlight, laid out in a seemingly random formation on a low rise near the river. The ground around the village was mostly treeless for some distance, and if Morgana proceeded further it would surely be visible.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Tommy will attempt to get some rest and will go to his quarters. He will go ahead and take off his gun belt and ammo and empty his pockets, but will keep everything next to the bed in quick reach. He will, however, sleep in the clothes he has on so that he is prepared when the captain is ready for him.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Aye, Captain." Simon looks out and sees the village. " Yes, sir, I agree. Thats the village. I recommend that we stop here unless a more suitable position is close behind. If we go any further, we'll surely be spotted if they have any lookouts.

Simon looks over the area searching for movement, firs, or anything else that might show activity in the village. He will also scan the nearing region for any movement/light in the trees below and around them. (can Simon see the coastline from here, or if their were lights on the sub, would they be in range or would the forest still be blocking that view?)

If its quiet and no movement can be seen, then Simon will say. "It looks pretty quiet, Captain. Either they are all fast asleep ... or waiting to ambush us. I watch the village pretty closely until Tommy is ready. I suggest you send up a replacement for me here in the Nest when we depart to scout the village."

If there is any kind of movement/light in the village or surrounding area, then my actions will wait till I know that knowledge.
Ahlmzahad

Post by Ahlmzahad »

"Lilly, I hope we can get Art aboard and head for home soon. This little trip has sure turned out to be more than we bargained for. Chin up kid Art's going to be fine. I better get a little rest before we head back down." With that Will reluctantly heads to his cabin knowing no words will console the young singer.