Chapter 8: Councils of War

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Chapter 8: Councils of War

Post by Solomoriah »

Will found the trip up the ladder more comfortable than the trip down; perhaps he was getting used to it. Chief Engineer Green was waiting at the top to help him aboard. Tommy followed shortly, and as he arrived, Green said, "The Captain wants to talk to you in the mess. You're wanted there also, Mister Thornton, if you don't mind. Mister Monday is there with the others."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
crazycrypt

Re: Chapter 8

Post by crazycrypt »

"Sounds good Mr. Green, thank you." With that, Tommy will head off towards the mess, leaving Will behind, but assuming that he will be close in tow.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Monday, Catherine, and the Captain were sitting at the mess table when Tommy arrived in the mess hall. Monday was saying, "... so we must assume the U-boat has followed us here. We're not..."

"Mister Mansel, you're here, good," said the Captain, interrupting the millionaire's story. "Mister Monday was just telling me about your experiences in the village. Are Thornton and Evans close behind you? I'd really like to hear their reports."
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Will is close behind, mopping his forehead with the back of his sleeve, "you probably should go first," he'll say to Tommy, still trying to sort out all that happened. He'll get a drink of water and prepare for questions or his turn.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"I am sure that Mr. Monday filled you in on most of what has happened. We were attacked by 3 men in a rubber raft. One is obviously dead, and the other two got away, but not in their raft as I put enough holes into it for it to sink. Unfortunately they got away on the other side of the river." He will then hand over the gun and belt that Simon gave him from the fallen gunman. "This is the gun and ammo of the fallen man, it fell into the river, so I'm sure it needs a good drying out," Tommy will say. He will then wait for any questions thrown at him.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

“There’s also the Dalar, the Suran, and” Will gulps and looks around, picking out Burton and Lloyd I’m guessing with Catherine, “and the Bey. But” nodding at Catherine, “maybe there won’t be so many questions on that.” Then a quick look at Tommy, and Will also stands and waits for questions – just not as “at attention” as Tommy is. :D

OOC: I think I still have my gun and Vance's and neither got wet, so I'm good. :lol:
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Will looked around, seeing Dr. Burton sitting with his daughter. Other than him, there were no passengers in the mess other than excursion party members. A few crew members stood in the passageway, listening. Will assumed that the Captain might have chosen the mess hall for this meeting instead of the lounge to avoid the clamor of all those passengers.

"As I was saying, Captain Pelton," continued Reginald Monday, perhaps a bit too loudly, "I don't believe we have any business staying here. We are an airship full of civilians, lightly armed at best; they are crack German sailors, probably armed to the teeth. We should leave here right away, as soon as all of us are aboard."

"And leave the Dalar to the Nazis?" said Catherine, incensed. "They look up to us as gods! How can we just abandon them?"

"Miss Burton, I understand your position," said the Captain, "but I have to agree with Mister Monday. We have no business even thinking about facing those Nazis."
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

"Begging your pardon Captain, and Mr. Monday, but no matter our business we've faced them twice without seeking them," Will interjects at the natural end of what the captain is saying, "I'm all for cutting and running if need be but for two things: Artie and Simon* are still down there, and do we have any clue where we are yet? Where would we go?"

* Wait, are we calling him Simon Lars or is it O'Connor?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

rredmond wrote:Wait, are we calling him Simon Lars or is it O'Connor?
He has never revealed his real name to any current character.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"Will makes a good point sir," Tommy will say after Will is through. "Has anyone got any idea where we are? Without knowing where we are it will be hard to figure out where to go from here, and we can't leave our men on the ground. They really should be up here by now, I'm starting to wonder if something happened."