Chapter 8: Councils of War

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
crazycrypt

Re: Chapter 8: Councils of War

Post by crazycrypt »

OCC: I'm assuming Tommy was able to retrieve the hunting knife.

While Simon and the Captain are talking, Tommy will make sure his gun, extra clips, ammo, and knife are all securely tucked away. He will then start down the ladder and will await Simon at the bottom of the ladder.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon loads up with the rifle, ammunition belt, garrotte, shoes ;), and the rest of his normal gear and then descends the ladder, nods to Tommy, then begins working his way north by northeast through the trees.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Solomoriah wrote:...
Will awoke suddenly. Someone was knocking on his door. Groggy, he tried to remember where, exactly, he was. Then it all came back to him in a rush.

"Will?" came a feminine voice. "Mister Thornton?" It was Lily, no doubt about it.
Will, tired but still having adrenalin flowing 'sorta like when a really good con game is going' he thinks, tries to jump up and answer the door. Then steadies himself from falling, 'heh, without all the physical activity' he thinks. He makes sure he's got the luger, 'safety on', and pops it back in the rear of his pants belt. He opens the door, "is everthing alright Lily? What's going on?"

With door open does he notice any activity. Though Almazad played Will braver than I, :) Will's still gonna be upset if he thinks he's being left behind.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

In the dimly-lit passageway, Will saw Lily, her dress showing signs that she had slept in it. "Will, good, you're dressed. I saw the Captain with those crewmen you went down with before, going back to the overlook. They've moved the ship and anchored somewhere else. Aren't you going with them?"

As Will considered his answer, he saw movement up the passageway... the door to room one closing.

It wasn't so much a clearing, Tommy thought, as a sort of notch in the treeline. Straight ahead of him (or alternately, directly aft of the ship), a quarter mile or so of moderately dense forest and twice or more that distance of tree-dotted, possibly swampy grassland separated him from the Suran village. The forest went on to his left and circled round the ship, but the "clearing" was open to his right. He considered whether to plunge into the pitch-dark forest on a barely visible trail just ahead, or follow the treeline around to the right, giving him shadows to move in but moonlight to guide his footsteps. The moonlight course, he judged, would be perhaps twice the distance compared to moving through the forest, but might well be faster.

Very shortly Simon alighted beside him.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Solomoriah wrote:In the dimly-lit passageway, Will saw Lily, her dress showing signs that she had slept in it. "Will, good, you're dressed. I saw the Captain with those crewmen you went down with before, going back to the overlook. They've moved the ship and anchored somewhere else. Aren't you going with them?"

As Will considered his answer, he saw movement up the passageway... the door to room one closing.
Keeping his eyes on Room 1 Will answers "They can't get rid of me Lily," then with a quick look back at her, "don't worry, I'm always thinking about getting Artie back." Will felt a weird feeling, that 'truth' thing rearing it's ugly head... starting to think lying and swindling is not so uncomfortable. "Why don't you go and get some sleep, I want to make sure Monday is okay before I go down to the ground." With half his attention on Mondays cabin he'll ensure Lily is safely gone. Then Will heads over to the cabin, draws his weapon, safety off and as quietly as he can, and slowly opens the cabin door. When last he left Monday he was in no condition to open and close doors, and if he all of a sudden got better, which Will's not doubting anything at this point, then he'd likely forgive a gun pointed in his face... ah now this is the feeling he enjoys... sneaking.

PS: Figured the backstab worked, why not moving silently :lol:
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

rredmond wrote:Keeping his eyes on Room 1 Will answers "They can't get rid of me Lily," then with a quick look back at her, "don't worry, I'm always thinking about getting Artie back." Will felt a weird feeling, that 'truth' thing rearing it's ugly head... starting to think lying and swindling is not so uncomfortable. "Why don't you go and get some sleep, I want to make sure Monday is okay before I go down to the ground." With half his attention on Mondays cabin he'll ensure Lily is safely gone. Then Will heads over to the cabin, draws his weapon, safety off and as quietly as he can, and slowly opens the cabin door.
All went according to Will's plan, right up until he got to the door and tried it quietly. It was locked.
rredmond wrote:When last he left Monday he was in no condition to open and close doors, and if he all of a sudden got better, which Will's not doubting anything at this point, then he'd likely forgive a gun pointed in his face... ah now this is the feeling he enjoys... sneaking.
GM Note: I think you have confused the injured Steve Vance with the imperious Reginald Monday.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Solomoriah wrote:All went according to Will's plan, right up until he got to the door and tried it quietly. It was locked.
rredmond wrote:When last he left Monday he was in no condition to open and close doors, and if he all of a sudden got better, which Will's not doubting anything at this point, then he'd likely forgive a gun pointed in his face... ah now this is the feeling he enjoys... sneaking.
GM Note: I think you have confused the injured Steve Vance with the imperious Reginald Monday.
OOC: Shoot you're right. Well the door just closed...

Will knocks, while still putting himself together, fell asleep in my clothes all this noble activity isn't good for a man. Once Monday answers Will asks "Whats going on? Any more plans to go to the surface or to find Artie?"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Monday opened the door after a few moments, looking groggy and out of sorts, and wearing a fancy burgundy robe with gold trim. In reply to Will, he said, "I don't know anything about it, Will. We should have moved on right away... I blame myself, I spent too much time hobknobbing with the natives. I know I have no business on the ground now, especially at this hour."
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Will walks down to where the, shiver, ladder is.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The passageway was dim and deserted. The fore and aft doors of the passenger walkway had been propped open, to permit a slight breeze, but it was still plenty warm and humid.

As he walked quickly aft, Will mused a bit on Monday. There was just something not right about the whole situation. Will hadn't seen any sign of anyone else in Monday's cabin, but then who closed the door? And that bathrobe... he could have hidden about anything under it.

Then Will noticed the aft door was slightly ajar, and he heard voices. "I'm sorry, Leftenant, just what was that you said?" came the voice of the Captain.

"We're over the North Atlantic, sir," came the reply, in a voice not familiar to Will. "I've checked and rechecked my figures. We're right on course, according to the stars. But we can't be, can it, sir? This place has to be somewhere near Africa, doesn't it?"

"Bloody hell," replied the Captain. "I don't know. Listen, son, don't talk to anyone else about this. Not until I figure out what we're doing next."