Chapter 8: Councils of War

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
rredmond

Re: Chapter 8: Councils of War

Post by rredmond »

Damn it, Will thinks, stopping in the hall and listening to the Captain and Mr. New Voice. How did I get myself into this situation? Are there more Nazi’s on board? Will quickly and quietly goes back to Monday’s room. Taking out the luger and flicking off the safety. He doesn’t knock, but carefully, and oh-so-quietly tries to open the door slowly keeping his ears open. He’ll get the gun ready, but keep it pointed down for now. He’s hoping to get the door all the way open before anyone notices. If Monday notices him at any point and there’s noone else in the room he’ll say “Sorry Reginald, but I was going to go back down to the surface with the search crew and… hey if you’ve been sleeping who closed your door the first time I knocked?”

OOC: I’ve some ideas about how to proceed from there but it really depends on what Monday does and says (he’s on Will’s “keep an eye on” list now) or if there’s anything else going on in the room.

OOC2: I think I've figured out how I've been messing up the back door way in Chris... hope this works.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Oh, and if the door is unluckily locked again (here's hoping he forgot), Will knocks, loud enough, saying through the door, "Reginald, I'm sorry to bother you again, just one more thing..." When Monday opens the door, he pretends to start to say something and then says, "hey wait, if you’ve been sleeping, who closed your door the first time I knocked?”

Either way Will tries to talk his way into the room to take a look around, feigning real concern for Monday... the feigning and the lying... ahhh, Will's back in his element.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The door is locked, of course.
rredmond wrote:Oh, and if the door is unluckily locked again (here's hoping he forgot), Will knocks, loud enough, saying through the door, "Reginald, I'm sorry to bother you again, just one more thing..." When Monday opens the door, he pretends to start to say something and then says, "hey wait, if you’ve been sleeping, who closed your door the first time I knocked?”
"I don't know what you're talking about," said Monday grumpily.

Will was sure now... Monday was lying. Will didn't think Monday realized yet that he had been caught.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Will puts on a very concerned look, moving forward to look in the room. "With all that's been going on I hope no one snuck into your room... I don't want to be paranoid, but now seems a good time for it." He'll move forward not to push Monday out of the way, but definitely invading body space, feeling what might be going on under that robe (oof, that didn't come out quite right, but you know what I mean) and getting his head in the room to look around. He'll be real careful to not be aggressive, but have the body contact look coincidental due to concern.

OOC: Just a reminder, I'll try to get back in before the EOB today, but if not then I'll be out of contact until likely Tuesday. Just FYI palatal expanders for your 7yo daughter may be necessary... but they appear to be beyond painful... :(
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"Palatal Expanders." Ouch.

Monday stood his ground, and in fact moved forward in response to Will's attempt to advance. "Isn't there someplace else you ought to be right now, Mister Thornton?" he said.

Will recalled how Monday had insisted on first names earlier, and realized that the formerly jovial millionaire was somewhat passed annoyed at this point.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC if you see a naked Catherine in there, take a mental snapshot and append it to her character description on the dramatacus thread)
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Hywaywolf wrote:(OOC if you see a naked Catherine in there, take a mental snapshot and append it to her character description on the dramatacus thread)
Oh my! :shock: :lol:
Solomoriah wrote:"Palatal Expanders." Ouch.
Time to leave work, but my daughter is alternating reading Harry Potter books and Junie B. Jones books and eating ice-cream, with being completely wiped out and miserable... she's a trooper though, doesn't shy away from the pain every time we have to crank that thing further open... dang.
Game Master wrote: Monday stood his ground, and in fact moved forward in response to Will's attempt to advance. "Isn't there someplace else you ought to be right now, Mister Thornton?" he said.

Will recalled how Monday had insisted on first names earlier, and realized that the formerly jovial millionaire was somewhat passed annoyed at this point.
Did Will feel or spot anything in his robes or see anything/one in the room? I'm guessing no, but can't hurt to ask. Will looks at Monday and puts on a confused, almost crestfallen face. "I'm not a military man," he says a bit on the loud side and trying to sound upset, "I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is going on! Is there somewhere I ought to be... I don't know! Should I be worried about what's been happening on board the Morgana? I... don't... know... I apologize for waking you, but you were down on the surface with us, I'm just looking for answers like everyone else. Not even sure why..." He'll trail off.

Will doesn't try to move physically into the cabin anymore, but he wants to get loud enough for perhaps the cabins next to Monday to hear him. Not to wake everyone, but to make Monday a little edgy and perhaps to have someone peek out their door. In feigning nervousness (of course with Will this ain't too far from the truth!) he'll, with his free hand, the other hand still has the gun pointed down, he'll bend to mop sweat off his brow with his sleeve attempting to get better angled looks into the cabin. Also, if Monday gets distracted at all (by anyone opening their doors or coming out down the halls) Will takes that opportunity to peek in.

This is the extent of what Will does... I think he's firmly entered into unsafe land. So however Monday ends it (likely a door in the face) so does Will. He won't push any further. Then he'll think times like this I do miss that pianist! and go off looking for Mansel. He hasn't let me fall down the ladder Will shrugs and will try and bounce ideas off of Tommy.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

I'll be gone for a bit, so to help NPC Will through to Tuesday if needed:
Will confides in Tommy and Simon if they're together about what the captain said and his thoughts about the weirdness of Monday. He won't confide in anyone else except Catherine... just the folks who've been down to the surface with him. He's not trusting anyone else at this point, too much craziness going on.
See y'ins on Tuesday.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Reginald Monday looked at Will, seemingly confused, for a moment. Then he took a step back. "Come in, Will," he said, smiling ruefully and looking down. "I was a bit cranky, I know. Sit down." He waved toward a chair, apparently borrowed from the Lounge, and took a seat on the bed. Will noticed that the upper bunk was folded up, and looking around, he was surprised at how little in the way of personal effects Monday had in his room; a medium-sized suitcase and a valise sat together near the window, and on the small fold-out desk, Will saw a fountain pen, some paper, and an old book.

Will: Please continue this in Chapter 9 on your return. You have officially missed the scouting mission.