Chapter 8: Councils of War

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 8

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon starts to stand, as does the German. Simon forcefully slams him back to the ground with a shove. "This bastards friends have him. Sullivan has met up with his friends and he snookered me into a trap. Some Nazi thug bashed in my head and when I woke up they were gone. I've been wandering around in these woods until I ran into this fellow." Simon points at the Nazi. "I think he was one of the 3 we saw in the raft."

Simon stops talking for a moment. Wavers on his feet a bit, then continues." How far is it to the Morgana. I've had enough of these woods for one night."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nice. It's almost pitch black under the trees, but I'm willing to allow a moonbeam or two for such a scene. Carry on.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Ahlmzahad

Post by Ahlmzahad »

Will steps on over towards Simon being careful to not be caught off guard by the German captive. "Well you're just about under it. So you should be back aboard shortly. Did you find any trail?"

Will will wait for Simon's update. If he has any info he'll use that to shape the search. If not he'll push on down to the river and then down river. In either case he'll ask Catherine to get one of the warriors to help him back to the airship.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Note that there are now a total of four tribesmen present, as well as the three of you and Catherine.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon nods in agreement at the need for rest, but says "I was too groggy to follow the trail when I came too. I was actually trying to find the Morgana to report what had happened, but got turned around in this confounded dark woods."

Simon looked at the German. "I'm going to need help getting this guy back, and I would appreciate Catherine's help communication with these villagers. That's going to leave you guys outnumbered if you run into the party that ambushed me."

Simon pauses, thinks, then says, "I think we should all head back to the Morgana and plan this out right. What ever has happened to Mr. Evans, has already happened. We can't help him by blundering around in the dark."
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"I don't know about that. They took Artie for a reason and left you, so somehow they must know that Artie can communicate with the people on this island." Tommy will say. " Something tells me that the Germans are wanting to communicate with the other tribe and I don't like the idea of letting these guys get any more information then we have to. A night attack may be best to catch them off guard."
Ahlmzahad

Post by Ahlmzahad »

Will takes in their words, then speaks "You know you both have good points. We need to plan, and a night attack is probably a good idea. Lets all go back, call in the chief, and see if he would be willing to coordinate an attack on the German's and other villagers. He also might be able to send out some scouts. I bet they know exactly where the village is, and could get there and look around. That way we'll have the best info possible when the rest of us arrive to conduct the attack."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"More likely they will catch you off guard," Simon says to Tommy, "but you are no stranger to combat so you know the risks."

Simon looks at their motley party. "Will makes good points, but if you still insist on putting yourself in between a U-boat full of Germans and an entire village of hostile warriors then so be it. I'll need at least one tribesman to help me get this man back to the village and Morgana, you 3 can have the rest if they'll go. I'll tell the Captain what's up and get the rifle and more men and try to meet up with you as soon as I can."

Simon turns to Catherine. "Can you ask these villagers if there is a prominent location where we can meet up at dawn ... that is if we haven't already tracked you down by the sound of gunfire by then? Make sure the one that goes with me is clear on the location where we can meetup again. Possibly something accessible by the Morgana. "
Ahlmzahad

Post by Ahlmzahad »

Will says "Come on let's help Simon get his prisoner back. Catherine can you please have one of the warriors go ahead and get the chief to meet us at the Morgana for a council of war?" Will then starts motioning for all to start moving back towards the Morgana.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Catherine looked at Simon and Will in disgust. "Would you boys make up your minds?" she asked, exasperated. "Are we all going back to the ship or not? Personally, I think we should go back... the Captain needs to know what's going on. And it's silly, talking about this in pitch darkness." Without allowing time for argument, she spoke quickly to the tribesmen, who took the German by the arms and half-led, half-carried him back up the trail toward the village; she followed closely behind, ignoring Tommy, Simon, and Will.