Chapter 7: In The Village

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
rredmond

Re: Chapter 7

Post by rredmond »

"Germans or no, witch doctors, shamans, I don't care at this point," Will, if close enough, is trying to focus Monday and answer Artie at the same time, "we need to get Steve some real help. If we can't find it here, then the Morgana is where he should be." Then to Catherine, "are we sure there's no one here who would be of help."

OOC: How bad off does Vance look... unconscious is never good.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

While waiting for Vance to be readied for movement and Monday's reply, Simon will keep watch back across the river and downstream for any more gunmen. "I'm feeling a little exposed here, People." he will say. "I think the sooner we get back to camp and out of line of sight of the river the better off we will be."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

GM Note: Correct, Artie is in the village, and his player has forgotten that he's out of earshot of everyone else.

"I agree, Will," said Monday. "Let's get this man back to the ship. We'll have to rig a sling of some sort and have him pulled up. Tommy, can you handle that? You seem to know your ropes. Simon, let's you and I pick him up and see if we can get him under the ship. Will, you might see if you can hunt up Artie. I think we all need to go up there and discuss the situation with the Captain. This seems a dangerous place to stay."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Once Vance is in a sling, Simon will safe his revolver and stick it in his belt, sling the rifle and ammo belt over his shoulder (check to make sure he is wearing his shoes :) ) then look around once more and say to Tommy, "don't let me get shot while my hands are full." Then when Monday is ready, Simon will lift his half of the field expedient stretcher and start walking toward the Morgana. (He hasn't forgotten about the dead german's ID, but he'd rather turn them over to the Captain rather than Mr. Monday, line of command and all that)
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Will heads over to get Artie, and catch him up... not sure what he doesn't know though :D So I'll wait for Naz's post to see if anything else is needed from Will.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

OOC: Sorry for the confusion, folks. From rredmond's post I was assuming that the distance was not so great.

Artie pauses to think, sees the returing warriors, and hurries to them when he realizes that they are carrying a sling, excusing himself from Kamaria. He does his best to stay out of the way and assist his teammates, with only moderate success in both. He looks at Will, and lets him know that he has something to share. In the same breath, he asks Will what happened, and who the attackers were. Artie nods gratefully as Will brings him up to speed. Artie is obviously sad at the loss of the native.

When he, and the others, have a moment. "They call this the land of the bull and lion. They say they cannot travel to the lands of the other spirits because they do not have the true totem of Mumba Dey. If that's the totem that we have, and that brought us here, it have been activated by the bloodshed on the ship. It may be indicating the next land we are going to is the land of the hawk and dove spirits, but nobody here knows where that is."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon, overhearing artie, tosses out an idol speculation, "land of the Hawk and Dove? If they think of us as skygods, maybe we are the hawk and dove, or whoever the actual skygods are may be the hawk and dove?"
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

"Damn," Will says half to himself, "this is information that we need to get up to the ship to add to the puzzle, along with Vance. Whether we are the hawk and dove, or that's where we're headed, the Morgana is the best place for all of us right now. Does Catherine know all this information? I fear I'm going to need her help talking to her father - I knew this whole thing didn't feel like a con. Sometimes it isn't good to be right." Will smiles weakly and continues to prep and move toward getting back to the ship.

OOC: Was Catherine back by Vance or near Artie? If by Artie, Will will ask her what she thinks about what's going on, and ensure she knows about the Totem 'prayer' -- I think she does already, but if not he will bring her up to speed.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

OOC, catherine came with the group investigating the original gunshot. She was the one who called out that Vance was shot. I am now wishing that I had checked on Vance's injuries and inspected his id and stuff in the process :).
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Hywaywolf wrote:OOC, catherine came with the group investigating the original gunshot. She was the one who called out that Vance was shot. I am now wishing that I had checked on Vance's injuries and inspected his id and stuff in the process :).
OOC: heh, if there were more time and less witnesses, Will would've beat you to that punch. As it is I've got his weapon... it's tough to play the NG when Will is so CN! :)