Chapter 7: In The Village

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Locked
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5266
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 7

Post Fri May 01, 2009 8:22 am

(making an assumption because you didn't ID the body as someone I would recognize. Oh, and yeah, I wouldn't swim in with my gun thanks)

Simon looks at the corpse and wonders where this guy came from. He then looks for identifying information about his clothing - is it military, age appropriate to 1936, expensive, old, etc. - then Simon will rifle through the pockets. Does he have ID, a weapon, sealed orders from his commander, boss, mother, etc.
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 7

Post Fri May 01, 2009 9:15 am

Solomoriah wrote:Will moved quickly to Steve's side. Several native warriors were standing around him, but all appeared unwilling to touch the person of a sky god. Steve was unconscious, and wounded in his left shoulder; Will applied pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding...
Will tries his best, with any first aid knowledge that he may have, to staunch the blood and help Vance. "Hey," he'll say loud enough for Artie and Monday to hear, "they got medicine men or the like here. Steve may need more than just my help." Will also tries to keep an eye on where Vance's weapon ends up... not wanting it to fall in to anyone elses (except the landing party) hands.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7755
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7

Post Fri May 01, 2009 9:34 am

Hywaywolf wrote:Simon looks at the corpse and wonders where this guy came from. He then looks for identifying information about his clothing - is it military, age appropriate to 1936, expensive, old, etc. - then Simon will rifle through the pockets. Does he have ID, a weapon, sealed orders from his commander, boss, mother, etc.
The dead man was obviously a member of the German military, by his uniform markings. Though Simon was unfamiliar with German uniforms, he had little difficulty in recognizing the symbol on one patch: A U-boat, with the head of a wolf imposed behind it.

He wore no sidearm, but did have an ammunition belt. In his breast pocket, Simon found identity papers written in German.

As Simon was musing over the papers, a native, dripping river water, walked up slowly. He was gingerly carrying a rifle, held out from his body in a most unnatural pose. Saying something Simon could not understand, he laid the rifle beside the body.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7755
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7

Post Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am

rredmond wrote:Will tries his best, with any first aid knowledge that he may have, to staunch the blood and help Vance. "Hey," he'll say loud enough for Artie and Monday to hear, "they got medicine men or the like here. Steve may need more than just my help." Will also tries to keep an eye on where Vance's weapon ends up... not wanting it to fall in to anyone elses (except the landing party) hands.
Catherine moved quickly to Will's side. "I said we should respect them," she said quietly, "but I'm not subjecting him to any sort of shaman. We need to get him up to the ship."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5266
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 7

Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:02 am

Solomoriah wrote: The dead man was obviously a member of the German military, by his uniform markings. Though Simon was unfamiliar with German uniforms, he had little difficulty in recognizing the symbol on one patch: A U-boat, with the head of a wolf imposed behind it.

He wore no sidearm, but did have an ammunition belt. In his breast pocket, Simon found identity papers written in German.

As Simon was musing over the papers, a native, dripping river water, walked up slowly. He was gingerly carrying a rifle, held out from his body in a most unnatural pose. Saying something Simon could not understand, he laid the rifle beside the body.
Simon will collect the ID papers and ammunition belt, take the rifle from the ground (he won't fire it until he can clean it and check the ammunition, which he won't do here on the riverbank). Simon will then slip on his shoes and retrieve the Mark VI. He will try to indicate to the native that the body should be collected and taking back to camp. He won't waste effort trying to tell him to take him to Monday assuming Monday would go to see any body brought into camp. If the native doesn't understand or refuses, I will go talk to Catherine and ask her to relay that information to the native. After that Simon will track down Tommy and offer to back him if he wants to look for the raft.

(I am entering a lot of actions here but they really shouldn't take much actual time. If something happens to alter my actions, then I will change my actions accordingly if possible. So unless something else happens I amn done until Crazy Crypt posts))
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 7

Post Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Solomoriah wrote:Catherine moved quickly to Will's side. "I said we should respect them," she said quietly, "but I'm not subjecting him to any sort of shaman. We need to get him up to the ship."
Will looks at Catherine for a moment, "damn, can you let Monday know, there's little chance of me getting him there by myself." At this point Will does take Vance's gun, flicks the safety on (getting good at this by now) and pops it in the back of his belt, on the reverse side from his. Then preps Vance to go, binding where he can, however he can, so that any trip will cause the least amount of damage. Will preps himself as well, to go, just in case.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter 7

Post Sat May 02, 2009 8:11 am

Tommy will yell back to the group that the boat is hit and they are heading for shore and will then go into the trees. Even though he has only fired a few shots, Tommy will go ahead and change to one of his spare clips. If he gets any chance at all to shoot at any of them, he will do so. Tommy will also stay alert to any noises that are made, listening closely for anyone approaching on him as well as any words he would be able to make out from the gunmen. Tommy will NOT attempt to cross the river in any way, and will attempt to stay hidden behind the trees so as to not give a good target for them to shoot at.

If Tommy is unsuccessful in pursuing them in any way, then he will head back to the party as quickly as possible. He will let them know what he saw and will then attempt to help with Vance. Once Vance is binded so he can be moved, Tommy will attempt to take him back to camp.
User avatar
Nazim
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Chapter 7

Post Sun May 03, 2009 3:10 pm

OOC: if the vessel the came in was inflatable, they're not going far in the river. It might be worth pursuing them.
Solomoriah wrote:"This is a test, isn't it?" replied the old woman. "The spirits live in the lands between the gates. This is the land of the lion and the bull, and they are never far away from us. So it is said."

As Artie followed the girl and the old woman into a hut, he saw the wooden totem standing just outside the entrance.
"We need a map," he then thinks to himself. "What is Bel really, then? A child of the spirits? If we are the sky gods merely because we came from the sky... the spirits are the ones that really have some power here," he continues to think. "The only thing that could have brought us here is the totem... or... me." His eyes widen, and then he settles. "Nah, I couldn't have done this. Even if those dreams are real, I wouldn't need to prove myself if I did this. It must be the totem. In that case, it might make sense for it to tell us where to go next." He finally asks the old woman: Which way to the land of the dove and the hawk? Who is the most travelled man here?
Solomoriah wrote:
rredmond wrote:Will tries his best, with any first aid knowledge that he may have, to staunch the blood and help Vance. "Hey," he'll say loud enough for Artie and Monday to hear, "they got medicine men or the like here. Steve may need more than just my help." Will also tries to keep an eye on where Vance's weapon ends up... not wanting it to fall in to anyone elses (except the landing party) hands.
Catherine moved quickly to Will's side. "I said we should respect them," she said quietly, "but I'm not subjecting him to any sort of shaman. We need to get him up to the ship."
Artie begins to ask if the natives have a medicine man in the village, but wanders a glance over to Will, asking if he really wants him to do that.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7755
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7

Post Sun May 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Hywaywolf wrote:Simon will collect the ID papers and ammunition belt, take the rifle from the ground (he won't fire it until he can clean it and check the ammunition, which he won't do here on the riverbank). Simon will then slip on his shoes and retrieve the Mark VI. He will try to indicate to the native that the body should be collected and taking back to camp.
The native warrior seemed to get the idea, and called a few others to assist him in moving the body. They all seemed a bit anxious when they first touched the "sea devil," but they got the corpse back to the village in short order.
Hywaywolf wrote:After that Simon will track down Tommy and offer to back him if he wants to look for the raft.
crazycrypt wrote:Tommy will yell back to the group that the boat is hit and they are heading for shore and will then go into the trees. Even though he has only fired a few shots, Tommy will go ahead and change to one of his spare clips.
Simon caught up to Tommy shortly. Tommy had pursued the raft as far as he could, but after a hundred yards or so the trees and scrub got rather close to the bank and he was unable to proceed further. Both men looked across the river, frustrated by the knowledge that one enemy had apparently gotten away. Close on Simon's heels were several native warriors; they stopped and exchanged looks with the "sky gods" that indicated they shared the two men's feelings on the matter.
crazycrypt wrote:If Tommy is unsuccessful in pursuing them in any way, then he will head back to the party as quickly as possible. He will let them know what he saw and will then attempt to help with Vance.
rredmond wrote:Will looks at Catherine for a moment, "damn, can you let Monday know, there's little chance of me getting him there by myself." At this point Will does take Vance's gun, flicks the safety on (getting good at this by now) and pops it in the back of his belt, on the reverse side from his. Then preps Vance to go, binding where he can, however he can, so that any trip will cause the least amount of damage. Will preps himself as well, to go, just in case.
Tommy arrived just as Will completed his preparations to move Steve. Monday arrived from the village also. "Germans, and none of them familiar. It seems that, wherever we are, they have somehow followed us. Fellows, I don't mind telling you that I'm worried... they're soldiers, or at least sailors, with weapons and proper military training, and I suspect they don't like us one bit."
Nazim wrote:"What is Bel really, then...
Correction: Bey
Nazim wrote:He finally asks the old woman: Which way to the land of the dove and the hawk? Who is the most travelled man here?
Kamaria looked puzzled. "I don't understand this test, blessed Bey. We do not have the true totem, as you well know, and so all lands other than the land of the lion and bull are beyond our reach. Only with the true totem of Mumba Dey can one travel to the lands of the other spirits."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5266
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 7

Post Sun May 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Solomoriah wrote: Tommy arrived just as Will completed his preparations to move Steve. Monday arrived from the village also. "Germans, and none of them familiar. It seems that, wherever we are, they have somehow followed us. Fellows, I don't mind telling you that I'm worried... they're soldiers, or at least sailors, with weapons and proper military training, and I suspect they don't like us one bit."
Simon follows Tommy back to where the group seems to be forming up. After hearing Monday speak he says, "Mr. Monday, I'm sure they like us even less now that we may have cost them 2 more of their crew. I don't know if its safe to land the Morgana, but it must be a pretty sight, just floating up there, for anyone standing behind the deck gun of a U-Boat, if a U-boat there be. We need to advice the Captain of this immediately."
Solomoriah wrote: Kamaria looked puzzled. "I don't understand this test, blessed Bey. We do not have the true totem, as you well know, and so all lands other than the land of the lion and bull are beyond our reach. Only with the true totem of Mumba Dey can one travel to the lands of the other spirits."
(I am confused about where Artie is. I though he was back in the village, but he also seemed to be talking, or listening to will, concerning the injured Mr. Vance. Since he is probably still in the village and not within earshot of me, I won't say anything to hill.)
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests