Chapter 7: In The Village

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
rredmond

Re: Chapter 7

Post by rredmond »

Will looks up, smiles "this is just gonna be nonstop isn't it." He looks at Artie "you, Catherine and Monday should see what information you can get from the chief and the blind woman [chief's mother?] as they've probably have the most information. I'll go see what that was," he says with a shrug. But first :) Will gathers up Vance, Lars, and Mansel, takes out his gun, and (as long as they are amenable) he'll seek out where the gunshots came from.

EDIT: Sugar! I forgot Catherine, she'd kill me, edited to add her!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Artie is tired, full, and mildly annoyed about impersonating a god, or worse, a god's servant. Still, it's as good as things have been all day, and he's about ready for a some sleep when the shot shook his hopes of retiring for the day. Mute, he turned towards his friends.
rredmond wrote:Will looks up, smiles "this is just gonna be nonstop isn't it." He looks at Artie "you, Catherine and Monday should see what information you can get from the chief and the blind woman [chief's mother?] as they've probably have the most information. I'll go see what that was,"
Artie nods, and turns to young girl next to the blind woman. He introduces his intention with respect for both the girl and her mistress. He then asks: "Do you know where the hawk and dove spirits are?"
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

As soon as Tommy hears the shots he will pull out his gun and take the safety off. He will be as alert as possible and ready to fire at anything necessary. Once he realizes which direction the shots came from he will turn towards it. As the others gather with him ready to find out what is going on, he will say, "These people don't seem like they have the ability to make guns, so it's doubtful anyone else from this island does either. Be on the lookout for the two missing crew members, maybe they were lucky enough to land here before us."

OCC: I'm assuming from your post that they are gunshots that everyone hears, if not I will have to change my post.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Grateful to have someone more experienced with guns lead the way, Will follows Tommy out, staying far enough behind so as not to be in the way.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon draws his revolver and turns toward the Southeast. Upon seeing Tommy pull his weapon and start moving that way, he will fall into position slightly behind and to the left of Tommy. I will keep a close watch to our left and front with occasional checks to the rear. Before leaving though, I turn to Catherine and say in hushed tones, "I have some thoughts on the totem. We should talk later."

After falling in with Tommy and Will, I call out. "Those shots came from the river mouth. It would appear Mr. Brandon may have lived after all and is now finding the same welcome we received from the Suran."
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Hywaywolf wrote:...
After falling in with Tommy and Will, I call out. "Those shots came from the river mouth. It would appear Mr. Brandon may have lived after all and is now finding the same welcome we received from the Suran."
Will stops for a second, shakes his head and curses out loud before continuing on with the others.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

For just a moment after the gunshot shattered the peaceful evening, all was silent. The next moment, chaos reigned, as women grabbed their children and sought cover inside the huts while warriors yelled to each other and hefted their weapons. The dancers took up weapons also, moving swiftly to the southeast along with the other tribesmen seeking out the source of the noise, their body-paint and regalia causing them to stand out in the gloom.

Monday saw that Lt. Mansel was leading the charge, and nodded agreement. Catherine checked her rifle as Steve drew his pistol. "Remember, we don't have a lot of ammunition," he warned. "We need to go easy on it. A little lightning goes a long way."

As they ran forward, Artie realized what the warriors were shouting. They were saying the same words, passing the message back... "Sea devils!"

Moving beyond the ring of huts, the excursion party could see a boat out on the river. "That's no native canoe," said Steve, surprised. "That's an inflatable raft!"

Peering into the dusk, the others could see that there were three men aboard the boat. One seemed to be trying to turn it around using the oars, while the other two leveled rifles at the massed natives on the shoreline. Two more gunshots rang out, even as a volley of spears flew from the hands of the native warriors nearest the bank. Most fell short, but one struck home. The wounded man tried to stand, and fell forward out of the boat, clutching the spear which had pierced his chest. But the gunfire had served its purpose, as two of the natives fell also. The other gunman seemed to notice the excursion party then, and began to turn his rifle toward them...

Note: The map should have appeared earlier, but I'm not going to change it now.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

If Simon is within range of his revolver he will seek some cover then wait to see what transpires.

If he is outside his accuracy range he will run forward trying to keep some cover between him and the riflemen as far as he can go until he either reaches firing range or the rifleman takes aim at him, at which point he will either seek good cover or dive for whatever cover is at hand depending on necessity.

(OOC, I don't know how many people had escaped from the dirigible because I haven't read that far back yet, but I didn't think it was 3 people. If it was 3 and I know/recognize the three as enemies I assume I will shoot at them, especially if one is Brandon who I know knows I had the gun and tried to shoot him in cold blood. After I finish reading what happened prior to seeing this landfall I won't be so wishywashy in my actions)
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

"Gun in the boat," Will points out (likely uselessly) but if he's close enough to take a shot he will. "They've seen us!"
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

As he engages the blind elder in conversation, Artie tries to remain alert. He takes the safety off his gun, and cradles in the inside of his elbow, pointing it down and away from the villagers. He keeps scanning the perimeter, while accompanying the women when they move to safety. In brief, he does his best to make sure nothing else happens while the fight at the river is being resolved. The note of urgency in his voice is mostly a consequence of the gunfire, but even he could not be sure.