Chapter 7: In The Village

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 7: In The Village

Post by Hywaywolf »

Just so I am clear. I am not going in gun blazing. I am reconnoitering to discover the source of the talking. My most fervent hope is that I can discover this information unseen and get back to the airship to report my findings. What I find might alter my actions - is a life in danger, and if so, do I want to save it? Are they lining up for an attack on the ship that will be successful if I don't foil it now. Am I seen and thus might have to run away from the morgana to escape, etc
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Solomoriah wrote:Artie hasn't yet seen the trees from above, and so is unsure whether those aboard the airship can see into them or not; but given that it's now dark, it seems unlikely. Please clarify your orders before I proceed.
Artie will follow Simon into the woods, as described above. He is focusing on two things: not losing sight of Simon, and staying hidden.

Is the Morgana dark? I assume a casual glance upwards would spot it. Please correct if this is mistaken.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Morgana's running lights are on, and the gondola windows are all illuminated. I'll check in with a full turn update tonight.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The forest was dark. Simon didn't have to go far before he saw a dim light ahead. The voices got louder, as well, and shortly Simon could see two men crouching, looking toward the village, and conversing in quiet voices in German. Simon was glad he had chosen to circle somewhat, as they were looking off to his left rather than right at him... they surely would have seen him if they had been facing him directly.

Artie caught up to Simon shortly, and also saw the men ahead. They were standing in a small clear space, not more than ten feet around, partially encircled with scrub. A very small space between the trees allowed the stars, and a bit of the light from Morgana's windows, to shine into the gloomy space.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon moves further into the shadows and motions to Artie to slowly get back into the shadows as well. I motion that he should watch our backs (ie watch everywhere but the two men so that we aren't surprised) by pointing at myself then my eyes then at the two men, and then point at him, then his two eyes and slowly gesture at everything else.

With my revolver out, I then just observe the two men. Are these men wearing uniforms? Are the armed? Young or old? Do they appear to be trying to remain unobserved from the village and/or the Morgana? Do they have any equipment with them? Drawing sketches of the village? Do they appear nervous? Are they looking around as if expecting others to join them, or find them?

(OOC, I don't know anything more now than I knew before I entered the forest other than the number of speakers.)

If it doesn't look like they are waiting for reinforcements or that they are unarmed, and that artie and I would have a reasonable chance to capture them, then I will attempt to do so if a very good opportunity arises.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It's dark. Simon can make out the figures of two men. Pretty much covers it.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Ok, then since I am a stealthy fellow, I tap artie and show him that I am moving around behind and closer to the two men and that he should cover me. They seem to be talking quite a bit so I think I will creep up on them for a better look. When I get within 10 feet i will call out hands Up (I know they were not speaking english, but maybe the shock value will get through) if they do anything besides raise their arm or lie down I will most likely fire hoping to at least take one of them alive. Simon can tell that he can't get back to the ladder without probably being seen and he isn't go to leave these two out here to ambush anyone. So he will gamble that they aren't soldiers and will surrender without a fight.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Artie catches Simon's drift, and will quietly hide behind the men, opposite the village, assuming that's the way they would flee. He will then aim at the two men, with the safety off his gun. If Simon fires, or one of the germans flees, Artie will fire three shots, aiming low, hoping to hit them in the leg. He really does not like the idea of shooting at anyone, but things are very strange.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As Simon called out, the two men jumped suddenly to their feet and turned around, surprised. "Don't shoot," said one man, in a clear London accent. Though he could not see the man's face, Simon easily identified him as former third watch command officer Lt. Sullivan...
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

"Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit," exclaims Artie, under his breath. He quickly glances about to make sure nobody else is with them, but keeps his aim drawn on the men, holding the heavy gun with two hands. Otherwise, he stays hidden, and follows Simon's lead.