Chapter 7: In The Village

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
crazycrypt

Re: Chapter 7: In The Village

Post by crazycrypt »

Solomoriah wrote:Simon was sent to back up Tommy Mansel; Mansel, in turn, was not exactly ordered to follow Monday's directions so much as to keep him out of trouble. So, at present, only Tommy is in position to "order" Simon back to the ship.
OCC: Not sure how, but I totally misunderstood this. I have been awaiting for Monday to order me to do something and have just been pacing myself. Did not realize I was in this sort of position. I apologize and will attempt to step it up a bit now.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Hywaywolf wrote:That was the way I understood it as well. It is the reason I put myself under Tommy's orders to pursue the raft or not. So assuming Tommy doesn't order me to the ship, then I will stick with Artie.

To Tommy: "With your permission I will stay down here to watch over the passengers. I took this stuff from the dead german." Then I will hand over the ID and papers I took from the dead german as well as the rifle and ammo belt) "The rifle went for a swim. I recommend giving it a good cleaning before anyone fires it."
Tommy will take the items from Simon and then say, "Yes, by all means stay here and back up Artie. I do not want someone down here by themselves. Please try and hurry Artie along and both of you report back up to the ship as soon as possible. I am sure the Captain will want to debrief yourself and especially Artie."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon watched Tommy climb up the rope ladder and mused about the eccentricities of life. For as long as he could remember people like Tommy Mansel have been his enemy and now here they were sharing a foxhole together. Odd how the only person he felt any connection to on this flight of madness was his sworn enemy.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"I have dreamed of the spirits just one time, Lord Bey. The Lion came to me in my dream on the bank of the river, where I was a young girl. He roared at me, and I was frightened, and then he spoke, saying that my son might be the last chieftain among the Dalar. I did not know what he meant, but I fear I do now."

In answer to Artie's second question, Kordal approached. "They live a half day's walk from here, down the river toward the sea. Where the sea devils came from."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Artie pauses a moment after Kamaria's answer, silently expressing his respect for what she just said. After Kordal's response, Artie seems serious and in a hurry. He salutes the leaders of the tribe, thanks them, and makes his way to the airship with Simon. On their way up, he says to Simon: "The enemy tribe's village is a half day's walk down this river. The nazis may have made contact. It might be worth investigating."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I heard. lets go see the captain."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Will and Tommy are now in Chapter 8, currently in progress.

As Artie and Simon walked back to the mooring, they saw that the village was quiet; no one was outside, save for a handful of warriors who were patrolling the perimeter. Everyone had hunkered down, evidently.

Morgana was turned into the wind, which was blowing from the northwest; this placed the ladder almost within the treeline. Artie had his foot on the first rung when he heard voices speaking from within the forest. Though he could not understand the words, the voices sounded calm and relaxed.

But they were speaking German, of that he was sure.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon immediately moves away from the ladder and slips quietly into the forest. This can not go uninvestigated. He is a stealthy fellow and moves slowly and quietly toward the noise stopping often to listen for the talkers, and to check if anyone might be stalking him.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Solomoriah wrote:Morgana was turned into the wind, which was blowing from the northwest; this placed the ladder almost within the treeline. Artie had his foot on the first rung when he heard voices speaking from within the forest. Though he could not understand the words, the voices sounded calm and relaxed.

But they were speaking German, of that he was sure.
What is this, the League of Nations? thought Artie, as he looked at Simon, who was already headed into the treeline. "They might not be enemies, or it could be a trap!" he whispers to Simon.

If the forest is so thick that folks from the airship couldn't possibly see what was going on in there, Artie draws his gun, and follows Simon, trailing slightly off to his left. As he follows, he works at quietly disengaging the safety, keeping his eye on Simon so that they don't shoot each other, and being generally quiet. He follows Simon's lead.

If the trees are sparse enough to allow a decent view among them, Artie climbs up the ladder as fast as he can. Twice a pang of sweat covers him as twice he almost fumbles his grip in his hurry. As he nears the top, he hisses at whomever is there to hear him: "Germans, in the woods, over there!" Artie points to where he heard the voices, and then redescends the ladder, quick as he can.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Artie hasn't yet seen the trees from above, and so is unsure whether those aboard the airship can see into them or not; but given that it's now dark, it seems unlikely. Please clarify your orders before I proceed.